Ninja Turtles CGI Movie

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 28th, 2007, 1:45 pm

Thanks for the link, YC - I enjoyed that interview. A part of me wishes it was PG-13, though...Maybe for the sequel. :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 28th, 2007, 3:20 pm

I might end up seeing this movie, if not only to see how they do the action scenes. That article made me curious.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » January 28th, 2007, 8:29 pm

Meg wrote:A part of me wishes it was PG-13, though...Maybe for the sequel. :P
I'm hoping for that, too. Both for the existence of a sequel and the PG-13. The "Return to New York" storyline from the comics would probably be a great one for that. And I want to see Leatherhead... the real Leatherhead who is the Turtles' friend, not the Cajun gator. :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » January 28th, 2007, 8:30 pm

Meg wrote:A part of me wishes it was PG-13, though...Maybe for the sequel. :P
I'm hoping for that, too. Both for the existence of a sequel and the PG-13. The "Return to New York" storyline from the comics would probably be a great one for that. And I want to see Leatherhead... the real Leatherhead who is the Turtles' friend, not the Cajun gator. :P

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 29th, 2007, 12:55 pm

Well, a PG-13 won't happen. The article said so.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » January 29th, 2007, 1:31 pm

I member Mad Mag's title for the Turtles II spoof was "The Secret Is To Snooze"! Smile
Yeah that's really funny! :)

I loved what they did with

"Star Bores: Epic Load One: The Fandom Megamess"

"Bored of the Rings: Rehash of the Thing."

:lol:

"Stuporman Reruns"

"Spider-Sham"

They haven't had a whole lot of film parodies lately though....:( I haven't bought them in a while..... :?

When the first Superman came out (1978) they called it: "Super-Dooperman!" :lol:
Last edited by ShyViolet on April 1st, 2007, 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » January 29th, 2007, 1:49 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Well, a PG-13 won't happen. The article said so.
The hope is that restriction only applies to this movie... and that they might be given a little more leeway if it's successful (especially if it proved to be more successful amongst the older crowd who grew up on the Turtles). May still not happen, but there's still a bit of hope burning in the hearts of comic-book-TMNT fans. ;)

There are some videos discussing the tone and voice actors on MTV.com, but that site is a beast to link to (and watch) because of the Flash layout. If you still want to brave it, you can probably find TMNT on one of the scrollable lists, and just click on it and keep watching through the 5 or so pertinent movies - they should go in order.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » February 3rd, 2007, 1:27 pm

http://tmnt.warnerbros.com/

Finally there's actual meat to this site. A lot of stuff is still "Coming Soon," but it's nice to see actual stuff on this thing now. The transitions are fun, too. Hope this means the marketing machine will finally start picking up speed.

I've been reading some other "set visit" articles from other sites, and they all seem impressed with the direction the film is taking. As you know, I'm already sold - but I do worry about the monster plot getting a little too cheesy. It seems that the film is being handled well, overall.

Oh, and in another one of those interviews, Kevin Munroe (director) was quoted as saying he hoped to be able to go PG-13 if there were a sequel. And explaining (complaining about? ;)) the ridiculousness of preconcieved notions that let Narnia be PG and yet the Turtles have to tread more carefully. I love the '80s cartoon, but curse it for the "TMNT=kid stuff" sentiment it stuck in public consciousness.

Dangit, March! Get here faster! ;)
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 3rd, 2007, 5:55 pm

That site's kickin'. Can't wait 'till they put up more stuff! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » February 27th, 2007, 2:04 am

There are at least two (possibly three) TMNT TV spots that apparently started airing today... and Mako speaks in these! His voice will take some getting used to as Splinter, but it's not too bad, I'd say.

Youtube links:

Trailer1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edTbkLDVITM
Trailer2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YnT4ZkXXoc

I also know where you can download WMVs of these, if anyone wants those links too.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 27th, 2007, 2:42 pm

I like how they're advertising it as if it's a live-action movie...Cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » March 3rd, 2007, 2:16 am

Found a site with all four TV spots on it - here are the Quicktimes:

(the ones that I posted Youtube links to before)
Spot 1
Spot 2

(the ones I hadn't seen yet - seem to be aimed at the younger set a little more than the first two)
Spot 3
Spot 4

And I found 'em here, where there are varying sizes in both QT and streaming Windows Media.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » March 13th, 2007, 8:35 pm

Here's an extended sneak peek, with some great looks at each individual Turtle and the voices. Hah, love Donatello's bit.

Gellar's voice-acting as April is a little too pausy, I think... some other little things here and there I didn't quite love...

But this movie isn't going to full-on suck, I think, even for the general public. The monster story probably won't get too many kudos, but the look of the film and the animation are generally awesome so far. And the Leonardo vs. Raphael fight will probably be worth the ticket price by itself.

Here's a link: http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/tmnt ... te_500.mov

Though I'm the only one who really seems to care. :P

EDIT:
Apparently there are a bunch of movie clips up on IGN. But I draw the line at these... I want to leave some stuff to see for the first time in the theater! ;) But the fan reaction has been positive so far. Heh, I'm at a TMNT forum where the excitement right now is pretty much whipped up into a frenzy. Only 9 more days.
Last edited by YCougar on March 14th, 2007, 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 13th, 2007, 9:11 pm

And the Leonardo vs. Raphael fight will probably be worth the ticket price by itself.
This sounds quite interesting!! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » March 20th, 2007, 12:11 am

Is Raphael gonna be the "moody Raph" from Turtles 1?

I hope so! :)