Hoodwinked

Features, Shorts, Live-Action and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 9th, 2005, 6:33 pm

It will play for one week only in LA this month. Then it will open wide on January 13, 2006.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » December 9th, 2005, 11:49 pm

Why is hoodwinked made is beyond me. Who the hell approved those "blocky" character models?

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 10th, 2005, 12:14 am

But fani, the company was just working - and, in this case, living out a dream - with the amount of money they had.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by isaac15 » December 10th, 2005, 1:15 am

this is there first movie fani.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 10th, 2005, 10:47 am

I don't think it's been pushed back - I think this was the plan all along. By releasing it for one week in LA this year they've made it eligible for this year's Academy Awards.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » December 10th, 2005, 11:24 am

I've been seeing TV spots before this news came out that the film will be "In theaters everywhere this Christmas". So it was pushed back, I think.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » December 10th, 2005, 1:51 pm

James wrote:I don't think it's been pushed back - I think this was the plan all along. By releasing it for one week in LA this year they've made it eligible for this year's Academy Awards.
What's reallt the advantage of them putting this movie in this year's Academy Awards slot as opposed to next year's save the fact that this is a Pixar off-year?
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 10th, 2005, 1:55 pm

Most films released in January are forgotten by Academy members by Oscar time. The December release will make the film fresh in the voters' minds.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » December 10th, 2005, 1:58 pm

You guys are right I shouldn't be so picky. I just have been working in a CG commercial studio and their designs are better than Hoodwinked and I know modellers at home who know how to model far more flexible characters and more appealing CG designs. So I do get biased sincethe designs they have for Hoodwinked is usually the "bad commercials" my office do.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » December 10th, 2005, 2:00 pm

I think also more money should be given to the animators to animate better characters rather than playing an A-List Hollywood actors and actresses who are voicing "just for"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 10th, 2005, 3:51 pm

What kind of commercials do you work on?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by fani » December 10th, 2005, 5:24 pm

Oh art for UNICEF Asia, a chocolate bar commercial "Silver Queen" and an inbetweener for a stupid milk commercial (in 2d) called Boneeto.

My home is in Indonesia

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » December 10th, 2005, 10:56 pm

Mickey wrote:Most films released in January are forgotten by Academy members by Oscar time. The December release will make the film fresh in the voters' minds.
I realise that but are they really thinking they're going to snag a nomination? I just think that a first attempt is maybe better to go with a wide initial release and try to surprise the box office instead.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bullwinkle » December 24th, 2005, 5:47 pm

are you guys all going to watch the movie when it comes out.

from what i heard from some early reviews they say it is preety good. not the best just preety good.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » December 25th, 2005, 10:38 am

Maybe I'll rent it on Pay Per Veiw.