More Ren & Stimpy on the way! Happy Happy Joy Joy? Ugh

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

More Ren & Stimpy on the way! Happy Happy Joy Joy? Ugh

Post by GeorgeC » December 19th, 2005, 3:37 pm

Because YOU demanded it and because John K has NOTHING better to do, the latest news on what's going on with Ren & Stimpy
http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

"We have one bit of DVD release this morning. This would normally go in The Rumor Mill, so treat it as such. But it seems that Ren & Stimpy: The Lost Episodes (also known as Adult Party Cartoon) has been delayed by Paramount until March (although to be fair, an actual street date had never been officially announced, despite the fact that the title has been in the works for months now). Also on the way, it seems, is an Ultimate Ren & Stimpy box set that will include "every cartoon ever" and "extras galore." You can read more (and view tentative cover art designed by series creator John Kricfalusi) at Ren & Stimpy Online (scroll down a bit) and TVShowsonDVD.com."

http://renandstimpyonline.tripod.com/

There was also a bit about a delay in the roll-out of HD-DVD in both Japan and the US. It appears the hardware manufacturers STILL haven't finalized the copy protection scheme on the software!

I tells ya. A fool is a person who's a first adopter of brand-new technology. If competing formats weren't enough of a reason to skip the first wave of high-def DVD, then the bugs that are going to pop up in both the software AND hardware should be!

Wait until at least 2007/early 2009 if you're smart, folks.

In the meantime, high-def TV and regular DVD are not going away, folks. You can still enjoy your old DVD titles on a progressive scan DVD player using the HDTV.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » December 21st, 2005, 3:45 pm

I never liked this show. :roll:

I guess maybe I just never got why it was funny. I could never watch more than a minute of it. I'm kind of a prude when it comes to some cartoons. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 21st, 2005, 3:50 pm

It was funny till Spumco weren't the ones working on it anymore.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 21st, 2005, 4:44 pm

Macaluso wrote:It was funny till Spumco weren't the ones working on it anymore.
And it was UNFUNNY after Spumco returned to work on it for Spike TV.

The aired episodes (of the new bunch) on Spike were LOUSY.

They made the Games' episodes of the original Ren & Stimpy look like classics by comparison...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » December 22nd, 2005, 2:01 am

I agree with that too.

I couldn't watch the Spike TV R&S, though to be fair, I don't like that channel anyway.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » December 24th, 2005, 2:46 pm

Macaluso wrote:I agree with that too.

I couldn't watch the Spike TV R&S, though to be fair, I don't like that channel anyway.

SpikeTV has pretty much been a joke from day one.

It branded itself as "television for men" but has only shown TV for dopes and the "rasslin' crowd."

Everybody had high hopes for the original animated series created for Spike, but it was pretty much all crap. Including the new episodes of Ren & Stimpy which the biggest Spumco supporters still won't admit bit the big one.