South Park

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ohbrazil » May 13th, 2006, 3:33 pm

This show is great. It is growing, and I love it so much more now that it isn't just jokes about talking poop and child abuse. <3

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » May 13th, 2006, 3:38 pm

When you get right down to it, it's a show that takes stories from the news and blows them way out of proportion, adding its own sick little twist to each one. Good stuff.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 13th, 2006, 4:39 pm

When you get right down to it, it's a show that takes stories from the news and blows them way out of proportion, adding its own sick little twist to each one.
Hey, that's a great way of summarizing it. :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 31st, 2006, 5:30 pm

I think the seventh season is out on DVD now. That's the one with J-Lo and Ben, Stan joining the Goth kids, the "Metrosexual" episode and some other really funny stuff. :)

And the Simpsons Season 8 is coming out on August 15!! :D (Some episodes: Poochie, Hank Scorpio, Frank Grimes, the X-Files Episode, Homer's Phobia.)

That just leaves one more "good" season (Season 9) and then it's all downhill. Just what I think, anyway. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 1st, 2006, 6:58 am

I gave up on Simpsons at season three (not the quality of the show, but collecting the box sets).

1) When in the heck, with the amount of other TV shows and films sitting unwatched on my shelves, am I every going to sit and watch more than one or two episodes at a stretch?

2) I've resigned myself to mainly going for shows on DVD that have a limited quantity of sets - with Simpsons still going, eventually building to more than 20 boxes of the stuff is an insane amount of space as well.

3) The Simpsons are run ad nauseum on TV here all the time, either in new episodes (Sky), recent series (Sky again) or older ones (Channel 4 is around season 3 or 4 I think, kind of like a syndication deal).

I continue to catch it when I can, and still find it funny, but after a while, unless you're a dedicated fan I guess, it all becomes a big yellow blur to me - doh! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 1st, 2006, 12:51 pm

Actually, many people (not everyone) feel that seasons 9 or 10 are probably the high point. So you wouldn't have to collect any more than that.
:wink:

(Heck, I can watch five episodes at a stretch, no problem.)

BTW Season 8 has the Shari Bobbins episode! :P

I guess I'm a pretty dedicated fan. (although not so much of the first two seasons.) Seasons 2 and 3 are when the series really picks up, but Season 1, even though I enjoyed it at the time, doesn't mean much to me now except as an interesting, nostalgic look at how this series started. I'm also really into late 80s/early 90s culture, especially 1990, so I find it interesting in that respect.

If I did get it, it would be for archival/historical purposes.

Funny how the reason Homer actually got to be safety inspector was because of a completely sincere, preachy episode in Season 1. Who'd have thought? :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » June 1st, 2006, 1:56 pm

2) I've resigned myself to mainly going for shows on DVD that have a limited quantity of sets - with Simpsons still going, eventually building to more than 20 boxes of the stuff is an insane amount of space as well.
Same here, I'd love to be able to have every episode of every TV show I like on DVD but realized that the three-season Gilligan's Island is the only complete set I'll ever have. Gotta settle for incomplete Simpsons, Andy Griffith, I Dream of Jeannie, etc.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 2nd, 2006, 6:22 am

ShyViolet wrote:(Heck, I can watch five episodes at a stretch, no problem.)
I meant more for time reasons than not being able to!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 16th, 2006, 2:19 pm

I was just watching Bigger, Longer and Uncut again. G-d that movie is hilarious. :lol:

I personally think there should be a part II! I bet it would do really well. :wink: :twisted:

BLU seemed very racy in 1999, but by current South Park standards it's pretty tame, believe it or not.

Wonder what they'd come up with? Will Satan come back? Is he back with Saddam? (hey, what about all the post 9/11 irony with that?)

It could be really good. :D

(Instead of jabbing Bill Gates, can you imagine if they attacked Steve Jobs? Hmmm....)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » June 16th, 2006, 2:42 pm

That was a good movie. And for such an obscene, nonsensical film, it had wonderful songs, didn't it?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » June 16th, 2006, 5:08 pm

The songs are probably one of the best things about that movie. Matt & Trey wrote FANTASTIC songs, with great music and lyrics.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » June 16th, 2006, 5:29 pm

Ben wrote:3) The Simpsons are run ad nauseum on TV here all the time, either in new episodes (Sky), recent series (Sky again) or older ones (Channel 4 is around season 3 or 4 I think, kind of like a syndication deal).
Being nitpicky here, but as of today, Channel 4 have the rights currently to Seasons 1, 4-7 and 11-13. Sky have all the rest. They're repeating Season 12 at the moment. ;)
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 17th, 2006, 1:56 pm

I said "I think" ;)

BTW, I very much think that BL&U helped raise the level of humor they could push in the TV show.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 17th, 2006, 10:33 pm

Is Sky the UK channel where they show all the American stuff?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 18th, 2006, 7:43 am

Yah.

Sky One is often nicknamed The Simpsons Channel or the Star Trek Channel for their evergreen showings of Simpsons and ST:TNG.

There's an all-day Father's Day Simpsons marathon running right now... :roll: