No QUICKDRAW McGRAW or WALLY GATOR on DVD..? :-(

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

No QUICKDRAW McGRAW or WALLY GATOR on DVD..? :-(

Post by droosan » January 30th, 2006, 2:41 am

.. bummer :(

I've really enjoyed the Hanna-Barbera Golden Collection thus far; especially the recent HUCKLEBERRY HOUND and YOGI BEAR collections .. I was looking forward to QUICKDRAW, since he's one of my favorite characters.

Here's hoping THE FLINTSTONES season sets will continue, at least. I'd also like to see another JONNY QUEST set eventually. And there has been mention of a HONG KONG PHOOEY set before .. but now, who knows? :?

-------

I'd like to see an ANIMANIACS collection as much as anyone else here, but I wish WBHV hadn't made it an 'either/or' decision .. :cry:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 30th, 2006, 6:09 am

I don't think there's a question that the more popular sets will continue.

But they HAVE flooded the market with these, and even I, who picks up almost all the big box set releases, have passed on each of these because of the sheer time needed to actually sit and watch all this stuff in addition to the regular titles I pick up.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Steve Carras » February 2nd, 2009, 6:46 pm

To give this an important bump [BUMP[] Warner Bros.entities don't own the rights as they do the A'm'iacs ( :) ) but anyway, it's because of the production music Quick Draw and many others like Art Clokey's Gumby and a few 1958 WB cartoons used due to a musicans strike.[Even TV ads..incudinga four minute with Frank Fontaine, the influnnce on the goofy "Huck Hound" African jungle lion, and that one "Bugs Bunny" cartoon "Rabbit's Kin" puma, "Pete Puma"'s voice, used a lot of this

It was the music credited to Capitol Records exceutive, John Seely, who cowrote some cues but licensed a lot of cues from different libraries--Capitol, Mutel, EMI Photoplay, Langois, Sam Fox, Structual Music, Carbert-Music-Que, Southern, KPM, Berry, Zephyr Records, and Chappell being among these.

Composers included John Seely, William Loose, Jack Shaindlin, Roger Roger, Emil Cadkin, Jack Cookerly, Ed Lund, George Hormel, Alexander Laszlo, Frank Sterling [born Dennis Berry], Mahlon Merrick [his real name-used many pseudonyms] , Phillip Green, the Farnon [Yes, bith Dennis and Robert] and Chudnow brothers, Spencer Moore, Capitol's legendary music director Nelson Riddle, Henrik Neilsen, Raoul Kruashaar, Irving Freidman, Henry Russell, Hans Conzelmann, Hecky Krasnow, [Walter Lantz muscial director] Clarence Wheeler, Louis DeFrancesco, Robert Mersey, David Buttolph, Dave Kahn, Don Kirsten, Ib Glindemann, Herschel Burke Gilbert [the list is long!], Jack Belasco, Jack Meakin, and others.

[Example: The Frank Fontaine car ad mentioned above as seen oin YouTube used almost entire Phillip Green music, which also was among the major bulk of "Quick Draw" shorts.]

As you can see, and as Eark Kress noted on his MY NAME IS EARL KRESS blog, yet to be updated, [has it been yet?], fdor obviosu reasons it's a mess or work, buit itwas resolved as the "Huckleberry Houdn, Season 1" {WVH] and Clokey's "Gumby Essentials" [Classic Media] shows, but it was a number of soruces. Some online production sites have these for audition.

There though is an upcoming set of SATURDAY MORNING cartoons, and only the las,t H.Curtin scored QucikD raw trilogy [Snooper, Augie], are there [but even Hoyt Curtin's music then was far better than "The Pebbles and Bamm Bamm Show" and other travesties.]
"It IS 2706!"
-"A Hick, A Slick, & A Chick" [obscure Looney Tune short,1948,dir.Arthur Davis][.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 2nd, 2009, 8:41 pm

Hey Steve...welcome back, and great info...but you may want to edit yourself or maybe re-read your posts before you hit the submit button! :)

After all...it's only worthwhile expressing a huge interest and knowledge on a matter if you can get it across in a readable way...I got caught up several times during that last message!

Again, though, great info and a lot of that makes sense to me, the way the early HB shows used library cues before they had their own composers write for them. After all, those early shows were only ever intended for a one-time run, and on television to boot. Though re-runs were probably built into contracts, especially on the later shows which <I>were</I> intended for syndicated runs, who'da'thunk'it that we would not only be talking about some of these shows decades later, but waiting and debating on the delays for their disc releases?

:)

American_dog_2008

Post by American_dog_2008 » February 3rd, 2009, 3:13 pm

I wanted to see a Quickdraw DVD too!