Adult Swim descraces An Hanna Barbera Icon

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Adult Swim descraces An Hanna Barbera Icon

Post by bw1979 » January 31st, 2006, 4:57 am

IF you don't know this by know, then me be the first to tell you,
CN's Adult Swim showed a series called Ranger Smith and the cartoon featured on it was "Boo Boo Runs Wild" and too me it was distasteful.

The way it protrayed all 4 (yes I said 4) characters was asbused and just plain stuped.

Now if you haven't seen it, as a friendly juster, DON'T!

Believe it's not worth it.

But hey that's my opoion

God Bless.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 31st, 2006, 7:40 am

That's why I don't watch Adult Swim.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by bw1979 » January 31st, 2006, 8:19 am

Meg wrote:That's why I don't watch Adult Swim.
So you agree with me on this, huh?

But what was reaction to it or did you ever see it.?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » January 31st, 2006, 11:42 am

I haven't seen the episode you're speaking of, no. I have a dislike for shows that are dirty and offensive.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » January 31st, 2006, 12:52 pm

I love adult swim.
I love all the shows, althoug The Boondocks is hit or miss, and I hate the saturday anime adult swim.
I love those ranger smith cartoons

:D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Hoagiebot » February 22nd, 2006, 11:37 am

IF you don't know this by know, then me be the first to tell you,
CN's Adult Swim showed a series called Ranger Smith and the cartoon featured on it was "Boo Boo Runs Wild" and too me it was distasteful.
First of all, Adult Swim disgracing old Hanna-Barbera Characters is nothing new. The whole premise of Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, the Brak Show, etc. is to disgrace old Hanna-Barberra characters. And what can I say? I like al of those shows!

Also, the cartoon "Boo Boo Runs Wild" isn't new either. It was originally created for Cartoon Network in 1999 by John Kricfalusi of "Ren & Stimpy" fame, and was aired for a very short time back then. I remembered it from back then but never really understood the whole premise of it, however I found it very refreshing to see it again on Adult Swim recently and I now understand all of the humor that was trying to be portrayed. After seeing it again recently I actually thought thiat this cartoon was very different and quite good, and I am actually glad to see on TV again after more than a half of a decade of it being off the air.

You can see a nice little write-up about "Boo Boo Runs Wild" on the IMDB website at: www.imdb.com/title/tt0259222/.
There's a 68.71% chance that I'm right.
END OF LINE

[b][i][url=http://www.projectdestinystudios.com/]Project Destiny Studios™[/url]
[url=http://www.foxee.net/]Foxee.Net - Home of Foxee™ the Interactive Arctic Blue Fox![/url][/i][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » February 22nd, 2006, 10:11 pm

OH WAIT! Flashback...

I DID see this! It was a while ago. Thought it was funny, but I had to be like what, ten?