Darkwing Duck and Talespin

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Darkwing Duck and Talespin

Post by Plightyear » April 17th, 2006, 1:44 pm

Message deleted
Last edited by Plightyear on January 10th, 2007, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 17th, 2006, 5:43 pm

WUZZLES!

MORE DUCK TALES!

FLUPPY DOGS!!

That's what I crave... :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 18th, 2006, 1:35 pm

I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that Disney will never be able to release Gummi Bears on dvd because they let their rights expire and some other company has the license now. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 18th, 2006, 5:40 pm

My question is:

Will these shows ever be seen on Disney Channel again? Toon Disney?? I think their ratings would rise astronomically if they did that....That would probably make much more cash than releasing each show on DVD for thirty dollars a piece. :roll:
I heard somewhere (can't remember where) that Disney will never be able to release Gummi Bears on dvd because they let their rights expire and some other company has the license now. Can anyone confirm if this is true or not?
I'm not sure but what you said rings a bell; I'm pretty sure they gave up the rights to this. Maybe because once the Disney Afternoon took off all the other shows were more popular?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 18th, 2006, 5:45 pm

"Will these shows ever be seen on Disney Channel again? Toon Disney?? I think their ratings would rise astronomically if they did that....That would probably make much more cash than releasing each show on DVD for thirty dollars a piece."

I think the reason they took the shows off of tv is because they probably felt that if you could watch it every day for free there'd be no incentive to buy the dvds. Because they're no longer on the disney channel or toon disney, I'm probably going to buy all the shows because that's the only way to see them now. You gotta admit, it kinda sucks but as a marketing strategy it works.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Wonderlicious » April 19th, 2006, 12:28 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I'm not sure but what you said rings a bell; I'm pretty sure they gave up the rights to this. Maybe because once the Disney Afternoon took off all the other shows were more popular?
I don't have any Disney Channel aside from the UK channel ABC1 (a similar concept to BBC America), but I remember seeing listings Gummi Bears on the Playhouse Disney channel (yes, there's one of them in England) whilst at my cousin's house sometime last year. So I don't think that they've totally sold the rights.
-Joe

[i]GIRL: Do you know the way to the Magic Kingdom?
PETER PAN: Sure I do...but can you [b]fly?[/b][/i]
-Scary Disney World TV ad circa '71

[b][url=http://www.dvdaficionado.com/dvds.html?cat=1&sub=All&id=big_joe]My DVD List[/url][/b]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 19th, 2006, 12:44 pm

Speaking of Darkwing Duck, remember that two parter "Just us justice ducks"? That was one of the best darkwings EVER

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 30th, 2006, 9:00 am

Someone has put up a petition for The Wuzzles.

Now, I'm not a petition fan, especially ones that don't get their facts straight, but this show should be on DVD!

The petition is wrong in that it is saying that Wuzzles ran opposite Gummi Bears. Wuzzles debuted in a partnership with Hasbro in spring/summer 1984, while Gummi Bears was a Fisher Price tie-in that came at the end of 1985 and rolled out internationally in 1986.

If Wuzzles makes it to DVD (in a 2-disc set please!) I very much doubt it would have any extras, but these would be nice fillers:

- The next-to-be-produced show, in scratch vocal track and storyboard form (likely the only material that was ever assembled for any more shows apart from scripts before it was yanked after its first 13 episode season)

- Fluppy Dogs, a 50 minute TV special that was supposedly going to launch another toy brand but didn't work out (and would make a good companion piece to Wuzzles)

- A retrospective interview featurette on Stan Freburg, the narrator of the show, which could re-cap his career (taking in his stand-up and comedy albums, Warners cartoon vocal work and the Wuzzles)

Either one, all or a couple of those would be appropriate, possible to include and a bonus to the set, but as I say I doubt we'd get anything.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 27th, 2006, 12:25 pm

Gee, I hope I win this contest! :) (I opted for Tale Spin)

Good luck to everyone who entered. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!