Fav. Animated Shows based on Comic Books

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
Banned
Banned

Fav. Animated Shows based on Comic Books

Post by Movie-Man » April 23rd, 2006, 10:42 pm

So, what is everyone's favorite animated shows based on various comic books? For me, it's these shows

1. Batman: The Animated Series
2. Teen Titans
3. Justice League (Unlimited)
4. Superman: The Animated Series
5. Batman Beyond
6. X-Men Evolution
7. Fantastic Four (Second Season only)
8. Static Shock
9. 90's Spider-Man cartoon (Despite its flaws)
10. 90's X-Men cartoon
11. 90's Hulk cartoon

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » April 24th, 2006, 3:56 am

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

The new one, that is... 'cos it actually adapts storylines from the original comics. As cute and funny as the '80s show was, it actually had almost nothing to do with the comics.

I've never watched any of the Batman/Superman/Spiderman etc. cartoons... probably should sometime, though.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 24th, 2006, 4:18 am

I prefer the old TMNT. I know the more recent version of it is based more on the comic book, but my childhood was based around that show. I didn't even know it was a comic book until a couple months ago. I wasn't surprised when I found out though.

My favorite current comic-book based animated show is probably Teen Titans.

I honestly love it more when comics are made from shows/movies. The Incredibles rocked, so they made a 4-comic series of it. And one of the main reasons I still buy Disney Adventures magazine is for the occasional Incredibles mini-comics they feature.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » April 24th, 2006, 4:47 am

PixarVixen wrote:I prefer the old TMNT. I know the more recent version of it is based more on the comic book, but my childhood was based around that show. I didn't even know it was a comic book until a couple months ago. I wasn't surprised when I found out though.
I only made the distinction because the old show isn't really based on the comics. I love both equally, as my childhood was also quite infused with Turtles. The new show is miles better from animation and storywriting standpoints, but the nostalgia and cuteness can't be beaten. ;)

Not to mention the old intro theme is much better; the new one is horrendous.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 24th, 2006, 4:52 am

Yes it does. *shudders* I wouldn't even mind if they had taken the old theme song and jazzed it up.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]