AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 21st, 2005, 2:14 am

I thought it was pretty good.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 21st, 2005, 11:38 am

Now I'm REALLY stokced to get the DVD!

We likely won't see this in the UK until next Christmas, so I'll put the disc on my wish list! :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 22nd, 2005, 10:27 am

I can't believe I forgot to watch it! Argh! Well, if it was pretty good, then I'll have to get the DVD. (And great news this weekend about The Muppet Show sets coming!!!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 22nd, 2005, 1:49 pm

I thought it was funny how one of the commercials during the broadcast was for Madagascar.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 23rd, 2005, 9:31 am

Christian wrote:I thought it was funny how one of the commercials during the broadcast was for Madagascar.
How come?

The Disney/ABC vs. DreamWorks thing?

Surely if they pay their money, they have just as much right to advertise on ABC as anyone else, and wouldn't they want to push their family-orientated animated comedy during a family-orientated animated-ish type comedy, especially the week leading up to release?

Mind you, it does show how far things have come since Kermit and co, and plays up the surprise that the Henson co continues to lag behind in the CGI stakes, when Jim himself was very much for the pushing of computer animation boundaries (remember Waldo?).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » May 23rd, 2005, 1:02 pm

Funny in a good way. I mean it was a nice thing. And I'm sure it involved money being paid too but Disney could've chosen to say, "We don't care if you do pay us money, we're not going to be advertising for our competitors."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 25th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Yeah like during the Eisner-Katzenberg trial in 99 Disney (Eisner) purposely dumped a sure-thing pilot for a TV series about Vietnam ("Sugar Hill") from DreamWorks even though it would have been a big success for them....

Also back when Disney bought ABC in 1995 there was all this talk that the Eisner-Katzenberg thing would finally come to an end, since DW had a deal with ABC (to make animated shows for Saturday morning etc...) and now that Eisner controlled ABC he would have to work with K again...Eisner even called DW to say he wanted to cooperate.

But then personal stuff got in the way (the lawsuit, etc...) and both companies lost out.... :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 28th, 2005, 4:36 pm

"The Muppets' Wizard of Oz" was alright, but I expected it to be funnier. It had laughs, but not enough of them. Sorta standard, but not bad.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 28th, 2005, 4:37 pm

The movie was alright. Funny at many points, not as funny as it could've been in others.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Muppet SPECIAL EDITION DVD Trailer

Post by JustinWilliams » June 30th, 2005, 7:06 pm

Online in the next few minutes, a trailer for the Special Edition DVD :)

http://www.totaleclips.com/player/splas ... pid=e23845

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 1st, 2005, 1:43 pm

Nice trailer!

Some of those gags never grow old (or is that just me?)! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by JustinWilliams » July 1st, 2005, 6:21 pm

Some of those gags never grow old (or is that just me?)!
No it's just you (growing old). The gags are timeless.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 2nd, 2005, 2:57 pm

Nah, I meant that I've never grown old and they still appeal!! :)

impregnable

Post by impregnable » September 17th, 2005, 2:50 pm

What is HTTP proxy server?
HTTP proxy server is a proxy allowing to work on the Internet with HTTP and (not always) FTP protocols. It can carry out caching of information downloaded from the Internet.Now HTTP proxy servers are the most widespread. Their support (ability to use them) is included into many programs: browsers, download managers etc. However, their support is not realized at a level of an operating system ? in order to use them, you should configure all programs, which should use proxies, in an appropriate way. HTTP proxy servers have several anonymity levels.

http://www.checkproxy.net

AV Founder
AV Founder

THAT new Kermit advert

Post by Ben » February 27th, 2006, 9:07 am

Well, who else thought this was brilliant:
http://www.fordvehicles.com/suvs/escape ... erid=21001

Excellent effects, and check out the "Making Of", which is cool too because they actually show you how it was done instead of just doing a comedy fluff piece where Kermit is "real". It's a nice balance.

If only we could get a proper new Muppet Movie on this level!!