Bad Super Team Stories

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Bad Super Team Stories

Post by Brandon Neeld » July 5th, 2006, 2:39 pm

OK - it's no secret that I'm a sucker for super hero and fighting shows and movie but there's one trend that's really starting to bug me about these animated super shows that have fighting teams. I swear these writers don't know how to write about teams and only write about one person with a support staff. For instance - Xia Lin Showdown. I love this show but I swear can't someone besides Omi be the hero and get the action for once? He's always the one to face off against Jack Spicer and I get so annoyed by him that I route for Spicer to win. Teen Titans is the same way. When it comes down to it Robin is always the hero. I'm not against having a team leader who calls the shots but whatever happened to the good old days of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Power Rangers (ok - yeah - not animated I know) where the team shared the wealth and any of them or all of them could be the hero on any give episode.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » July 5th, 2006, 2:56 pm

I haven't seen every episode of Teen Titans, but I know it wasn't always about Robin. There were times when Beast Boy was the main player, and even Starfire and Raven.

Remember when BB was fighting for Terra?

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Brandon Neeld » July 5th, 2006, 3:05 pm

That's my point - those episodes are ABOUT them. They're like an off shoot from the series. I'm talking about why they can't be ther hero when the whole team is fighting and working together. They're obviously capable.
"We're Dead! We're Dead! We Survived but We're Dead!!!" -Dash- "The Incredibles"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » July 5th, 2006, 3:19 pm

But he WAS being the hero. His teammates were assisting him, but he knew he had to be the one to save her.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 5th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Beh, never liked Teen Titans much anyway...

...Partially because Superboy and Kid Flash aren't in it. D: