Gummi Bears on DVD (maybe)!!!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Gummi Bears on DVD (maybe)!!!

Post by eddievalient » August 1st, 2006, 9:45 pm

Check it out guys!

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6148

Now I'm trying not to delude myself into thinking I had something to do with this, but about a month ago I emailed the DVD section of the Disney website and poured my heart out begging them to release Gummi Bears. Some of the points I hit were:

1. People are selling bootleg dvds of the series on Ebay. Why not release the show and at least have the chance to make money off it?

2. I know the series has not been forgotten because the makers of Kingdom Hearts used a Gummi ship in the first game.

3. As their first successful tv cartoon, Gummi Bears is an important part of the Disney legacy and should be given the chance to be seen again by a new generation (old fans of the show sharing it with their kids, for instance).

Who knows, maybe what I said in my letter made enough sense for them to make the decision. In any event, I'm very glad that we toon buffs may finally have an opportunity to own this great series. Is anyone else here psyched about this?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MickeyMousePal » May 9th, 2007, 2:27 pm

It's not that Disney didn't want to release Gummi Bears on DVD they wanted to test DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck and TaleSpin first. Remember if it wasn't for Gummi Bears (and kind of The Wuzzles) we would never have had The Disney Afternoon.
It looks like Gummi Bears Volume 2 (Seasons 4-6) will come out in November 2007.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2007, 5:14 pm

I still want THE WUZZLES!! With FLUPPY DOGS as an extra!! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2007, 6:55 am

I still don't get: Why did Disney sell off the Wuzzles?? :?:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2007, 8:58 am

They...um, didn't?

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 10th, 2007, 2:18 pm

RoboCop's coming out on DVD and all you guys can talk about are anthromorphic teddy bears????

For shame! :evil:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 10th, 2007, 5:49 pm

Not everyone can appreciate - or are old enough to watch - RoboCop!

Anthromorphic teddy bears, and mixed up animals, make a pretty good substitute!

And don't forget, this is Robo's third/fourth time around on DVD, though finally in a bells and whistles edition.