Arthur

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » August 19th, 2006, 10:36 pm

ShyViolet wrote:I loved the story when they had to find the crystal that keeps them from aging and eventually dying....(yes, you read that right! :P )
Oh now that is just stupid, nobody can live forever and why depend on bullsh!t anti-aging stuff anyway?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 19th, 2006, 11:08 pm

Okay, Code...I believe you are more than just a friend of Movie-Man. You know the rules and will be banned again if you do not follow them.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 19th, 2006, 11:32 pm

The 1974 Smurfs movie is great though. Properly hand drawn, no Hanna-Barbera...quality feature.
Yeah, but....they all looked exactly the same! (J/K) :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » August 20th, 2006, 12:02 pm

Ben wrote:Okay, Code...I believe you are more than just a friend of Movie-Man. You know the rules and will be banned again if you do not follow them.
I think that he is Movie-Man.

EDIT: Oh, never mind, you've figured that out too.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » August 21st, 2006, 4:11 am

I do like Arthur as a show (probably one of the few kids' shows that I can still sit through at my age, whenever my younger siblings happen to be watching it) and it seems I caught part of this CG thing while randomly watching TV this week. It has Arthur losing his dog, right?

Well... it was only OK. Definitely DTV/TV show quality, especially in the textures/hair/cloth simulation (or near lack thereof). A lot of the body movement/gestures looked decent to me, but the way the characters' faces worked was a little jarring. I think I would have preferred to have faces animated in 2D and then mapped to their heads. Some of the characters translated to 3D OK, and others were nearly unrecognizable. The writers seemed to do about as good a job as they do on the show, so it wasn't too painful. Kids should enjoy it at least, if they don't get weirded out by how it looks.