Masters of Horror

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 17th, 2006, 7:32 pm

I'm not sure, but I kinda doubt it. TCM, a classic, was watched by many but the re-make (and its sequel I guess) aren't exactly perceived as being on the same level. However, Spielberg loves film in general so you never know. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 17th, 2006, 8:24 pm

Ok then. Anyway Ms. Violet, any thoughts on the trailer to Hooper's Dance of the Dead episode?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 21st, 2006, 3:07 am

I watched it...interesting but very, very creepy. I couldn't really understand what it was about, but it did remind me a little of the Nightmare films.

I'm not all that into horror films however, unless they're on T.V. and there are other people there. :P :oops:
I kind of like Fear.com although it freaks me out--dumb story but the film has some good moments and scary music. But aside from occasionally watching a film like Nightmare on Elm Street or Alien on T.V., I'm really NOT a horror person. :wink:

The only exception to that are "thriller" type films that are mostly done w/out blood and gore like The Ring, Hide and Seek, The Forgotten, The Others, 28 Days Later, The Skeleton Key, Red Eye, etc.... :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 12:08 am

And speaking of Fear.com, the same director William Malone directed an episode called Fair Haired Child, here's a link to the trailer of the episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLS1bcNSr8s

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 22nd, 2006, 5:51 pm

Code Horror, are those clips you're posting links to family friendly?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 6:36 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:Code Horror, are those clips you're posting links to family friendly?
Hey they're just trailers, besides, kids love Horror films nowdays heck I even say two 10 year olds watching The Omen remake and before that, I saw a few kids watching The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » September 22nd, 2006, 6:39 pm

That doesn't really answer my question, Code Horror.

Yoda: Or should I call you, "Movie Man"?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 8:44 pm

Wendy's Jane wrote:That doesn't really answer my question, Code Horror.

Yoda: Or should I call you, "Movie Man"?
The trailers barely show gore or anything else but besides, you think kids would get scared by Horror films like Barney? No, they barely get scared of Horror films, this isn't the 1950's you know?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 22nd, 2006, 10:16 pm

No offense Code Horror/Movie-Man :wink: , but the clips were somewhat scary and disturbing, with some blood and even the implied violence was in a way worse. Plus doesn't the first trailer open with droplets of blood falling?

As WJ pointed out and others as well, this is a family site that makes a point of avoiding things like this, and being a safe place for children. In general, we don't discuss stuff like this here. I know that's your thing, but there are probably other sites much more appropriate for a subject like this.
this isn't the 1950's you know?
We know that, but as said before, this site is not for horror films, but family animated films. With all due respect, if you don't like family-orientated animation, why do you keep coming here? :?:
Last edited by ShyViolet on September 22nd, 2006, 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 10:25 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
No offense Code Horror/Movie-Man :wink: , but the clips were somewhat scary and disturbing, with some blood and even the implied violence was in a way worse. Plus doesn't the first trailer open with droplets of blood falling?

As WJ pointed out and others as well, this is a family site that makes a point of avoiding things like this, and being a safe place for children. In general, we don't discuss stuff like this here. I know that's your thing, but there are probably other sites much more appropriate for a subject like this.
Ok, if I'm not allowed to post Horror stuff here then wny did somebody post a topic here about Snakes on a Plane? Besides, people including are never safe, we'll be dead or exposed to something but besides, kids aren't terrified people, they don't give a dang about Horror films, profanity, etc.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 22nd, 2006, 10:28 pm

Ok, if I'm not allowed to post Horror stuff here then wny did somebody post a topic here about Snakes on a Plane?
That was PG-13 if I'm not mistaken, and we talked about it mostly for laughs. The kind of stuff you post definetely seems to go into R-rated territory.

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 10:37 pm

ShyViolet wrote:
Ok, if I'm not allowed to post Horror stuff here then wny did somebody post a topic here about Snakes on a Plane?
That was PG-13 if I'm not mistaken, and we talked about it mostly for laughs. The kind of stuff you post definetely seems to go into R-rated territory.
Snakes on a Plane is Rated-R not PG-13 and Masters of Horror is way more than R-Rated stuff and look, what's wrong with posting Horror or any other stuff here? You let that movie guy post Evangelion and Ralph Bakshi's latest film but again, kids love Horror films nowadays so why not post Horror films here?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 22nd, 2006, 10:41 pm

Masters of Horror is way more than R-Rated stuff
If that's true, then it definetely doesn't belong here. I didn't know that when I commented on it.

what's wrong with posting Horror or any other stuff here?
No offense MM, but how can you not know the answer to this question by now? You're definetely tempting fate here.

:roll:

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 22nd, 2006, 10:44 pm

But Masters of Horror is a cable show but anyway let me repeat this again, kids love Horror films.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » September 22nd, 2006, 10:54 pm

Code Horror wrote:Ok, if I'm not allowed to post Horror stuff here then wny did somebody post a topic here about Snakes on a Plane?
I began the Snakes on a Plane thread. Why? The answer is in its very first line...
Mickey wrote:Judging from Animated News' recent Oscar chat, I have a feeling that a number of you are looking forward to next year's Oscar bait, Snakes on a Plane.
Several of us had joked about how Snakes on a Plane would be next year's Oscar darling. In a way, it was an inside joke among those of us present during the AN Oscar chat. Hence, the post was made in relation to Animated News, not the promotion of a horror movie.
Code Horror wrote:kids aren't terrified people, they don't give a dang about Horror films, profanity, etc.
Some children - and parents/guardians - do not like those things, I assure you.