Cartoon bumpers/public service ads

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cartoon bumpers/public service ads

Post by ShyViolet » September 30th, 2006, 6:21 am

Weird question but....what are some of your favorite "After these messages" cartoon bumpers from the past? (I think they pretty much just use generic CGI now)

Here's some I remember:

From Fox Kids: "Roll, Loafy, roll!" or something like that. This chubby little orange dog being given commands by a bored-sounding guy.

REALLY old: I think this was either NBC or ABC back in the late 80's early 90s. This claymation cowboy would sing: "After these messages...we'll be right back!" and a horse would fall on him. I think they might have even had the California Raisens at one point...and if you don't remember who they were...well, like I said, this is from a while ago! (J/K) :D

Public Service Ads:

The Hunk 'a Cheese Cowboy guy

Captain OG Readmore on ABC! :)

From the 80's they also had this weird thing called "One to Grow On" which was bascially little one-minute shorts about why not to lie, be mean to others or why you should do your homework on time. :wink: :roll:

Then in the '90s there was were several anti teenage pregnancy ads, and a few about treating homeless people with kindness and dignity. Like in the 80's, they were also a few about nutrition and junk food. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 2nd, 2006, 10:48 am

Adult Swim

enough said