Charlie Brown Specials

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Charlie Brown Specials

Post by Daniel » October 24th, 2006, 10:50 pm

ABC's annual tradition continues this Friday at 8:00 pm (10/24) its the timeless classic "Its The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown".

Being released in 1966, the classic Halloween special continues to entertain people of all ages. And is it any wonder why? Because its just a great cartoon, that's as enjoyable as it is memorable :P

Who could forget when the Peanuts gang celebrated Halloween? Linus and his belief of the great pumpkin was alone just great, having Sally miss 'tricks or treating' made it all the more better :wink:

Has anyone seen the special? Or anyone planning on watching it? I know I am :D

ABC is also airing another episode right after, where Linus runs for President. And ends up mentioning a fiasco, hm? :wink: it might have something to do with the great pumpkin :shock: oh that Linus...

Discuss :)
Last edited by Daniel on December 15th, 2006, 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 24th, 2006, 11:16 pm

I saw it a few years ago, but I have to confess....

I don't remember much of it. And that's not because it was bad. I was extremely depressed at the time, and I know I saw it, but I try not to think about it as it brings back bad memories. :(

But I'm sure it's a good program. I know it won an Emmy....I'll try to check it out in a few years. :wink:

(Great Pumpkin is a great topic to discuss though. :wink: )

(Speaking of Peanuts, one of the BEST Simpsons endings ever was when they ended a Halloween episode by going "Happy Halloween everyone!" and then humming a Christmas Carol in a total Peanuts reference! Even Santa's Little Helper hops up and down like Snoopy, Milhouse plays the piano in a profile of...that piano playing kid!)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 25th, 2006, 12:20 am

ShyViolet wrote:I saw it a few years ago, but I have to confess....

I don't remember much of it. And that's not because it was bad. I was extremely depressed at the time, and I know I saw it, but I try not to think about it as it brings back bad memories. :(
Aww that's really sad Vi :( but you didn't have to confess :wink: what a shame though, missing out on a tradition, but I don't blame you :)
But I'm sure it's a good program. I know it won an Emmy....I'll try to check it out in a few years. :wink:
Yup, it is a great program, and if I'm not mistaken it won 3 emmys :wink:
(Great Pumpkin is a great topic to discuss though. :wink: )
Aww thanks ;) that's what I thought :P
(Speaking of Peanuts, one of the BEST Simpsons endings ever was when they ended a Halloween episode by going "Happy Halloween everyone!" and then humming a Christmas Carol in a total Peanuts reference! Even Santa's Little Helper hops up and down like Snoopy, Milhouse plays the piano in a profile of...that piano playing kid!)
Agreed! That is one of the best endings. I just love it :D the Santas Little Helper part is my favorite :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » October 25th, 2006, 12:43 am

Even though it has very little to do with anything else, my favorite part of this special is Snoopy as the World War I flying ace. Of course, pre-jet warplanes fascinate me, so... :D

I'll have to remember to watch this.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 25th, 2006, 3:31 pm

YCougar wrote:Even though it has very little to do with anything else, my favorite part of this special is Snoopy as the World War I flying ace. Of course, pre-jet warplanes fascinate me, so... :D
Me to :P, my favorite part being when he's pretending to fly. But when he's on ground and its playing that music, I think that's dull :?
I'll have to remember to watch this.
Oh do try :wink:, it only comes out once a year :P. (For tv)

On a side note, I can hardly wait for Christmas, there's 4 specials to discuss. Field day for me :D woot!

Not to mention Thanksgiving :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 25th, 2006, 11:33 pm

On a side note, I can hardly wait for Christmas, there's 4 specials to discuss. Field day for me Very Happy woot!

Looking foward to it! :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 26th, 2006, 1:24 am

ShyViolet wrote:
On a side note, I can hardly wait for Christmas, there's 4 specials to discuss. Field day for me Very Happy woot!
Looking foward to it! :wink:
You are? :shock:

Have you seen them :?

At least we'll have more to discuss :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 26th, 2006, 12:01 pm

You are?

Have you seen them

At least we'll have more to discuss
I've seen a few here and there. It sounds interesting is all I mean. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 26th, 2006, 3:53 pm

ShyViolet wrote: I've seen a few here and there. It sounds interesting is all I mean. :wink:
That's good to hear :wink: and it will be very interesting :)

But don't worry, I'll put up the times and whatnot for the specials :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 26th, 2006, 4:06 pm

I meant: I'm looking foward to hearing what you have to say. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 26th, 2006, 6:55 pm

I misunderstood again :? :(

I now fully understand Vi :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » October 31st, 2006, 3:10 am

My very earliest fuzzy childhood memory is laughing with delight at the scene with Snoopy battling the Red Baron from this special. :D

That would have been, ohh .. about 1972 .. :oops:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 15th, 2006, 10:34 pm

*Name change*

I didn't feel the need to make a new thread, so I just decided to improvise.

Seeing that its December, the annual christmas specials are once again airing on tv.

On 12/17 their airing a Charlie Brown Christmas on ABC at 7:00 PM.

(Which is a full hour, because of another special, Christmas Tales)

Than on 12/19 there airing I Want a Dog For Christmas at 8:00 PM.

So, if your a fan, don't forget ;)

Has anyone seen these BTW?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 16th, 2006, 2:14 am

I have a review of I Want A Dog For Christmas to post, actually. I should get that ready to go. Quick take: I really liked it. Christmas Tales is on the same DVD, and while it's a minor entry in the Peanuts pantheon of animated specials, it's got that old magic working in it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 16th, 2006, 8:28 am

Daniel Jake wrote:I didn't feel the need to make a new thread, so I just decided to improvise.
And if you can't improvise...just make it up as you go! ;)