Charlie Brown Specials

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » December 15th, 2008, 5:48 pm

Is there any word of the Flashbeagle coming to DVD? Or at least the soundtracks to the specials or even snoopy come home?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 15th, 2008, 11:04 pm

Not to my knowledge, though I'm sure they'll come out soon. I would especially love "Snoopy Come Home", it's one my favorites. I just really love the story, and always get a bit teary eye - most notably when the "Do You Remember Me?" song playes. Beautiful!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » December 15th, 2008, 11:34 pm

I'm not really the type to tear up during movies, but the closest I ever come is when I watch that scene with that It Changes song.

It always makes me think of old friends and pets that I've lost. :cry:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 16th, 2008, 4:18 pm

Me too! Wow.

Also, a new DVD has been announced, Snoopys Reunion. And the bonus short is "It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown"... Talk about freaky! Well, there you go Darkblade. ;)

I love the main feature, I haven't seen it in years. I almost forgot Lila was in it to.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » December 16th, 2008, 4:27 pm

*Jumps for joy* Yipee!!! :D I hope where snoopy dances it is like this with those cool effects in them

Hey Daniel...I love "Snoopy comes home" as well, even its music performed by the Sherman Brothers. Favorite song is "best of buddies" and "snoopy come home" I hope the scores would be added to the soundtrack because films {some} have really amazing scores.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » December 16th, 2008, 6:57 pm

Daniel wrote:Me too! Wow.

Also, a new DVD has been announced, Snoopys Reunion. And the bonus short is "It's Flashbeagle, Charlie Brown"... Talk about freaky! Well, there you go Darkblade.
ISTR "Flashbeagle" as an entire episode, not a "Bonus short" (which we'll probably also get, yet to be announced)--

Slowly but sure, they're getting those un-heralded non-holiday back-catalog specials out of the attic. (I don't even remember "Reunion", though think it was near the dry-spell after the History specials ended the "classic" run.)
A "You're a Good Man"/"Snoopy" double-feature is only when-not-if at this point. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Darkblade » December 25th, 2008, 6:36 pm

Anyone remember that live-action/animated charlie brown special It's the Girl in the Red Truck, Charlie Brown?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » December 26th, 2008, 12:13 am

I remember that one. It was the only one to really focus on Spike and I liked it for that reason.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 31st, 2008, 12:54 am

It's another DVD review, Charlie Brown!

http://animated-views.com/2008/i-want-a ... lie-brown/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 31st, 2008, 5:01 pm

Great review as always! I've been waiting to hear your thoughts on it since... well, since I made this thread! ;)

I kind of agree with you on the Sally with Snoopy flying part. I just thought it was pretty pointless, that and the whole "harassment" deal. I could've done without that. Was that in comics? I don't think it was.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » January 25th, 2009, 1:35 pm

In a rush so I haven't read this whole thread but wanted to point out that Charles Schulz stipulated before he passed on that any Peanuts specials made after his death would have to be based on his own strips and not on stories created by others. Yes, the "harassment" storyline was in the strips. Somebody at Amazon said, "I don't like this movie because Charles Schulz would never talk about Rerun harassing another student." Well, guess what? He did.

BTW, I actually really like IWADFC, CB.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 25th, 2009, 3:49 pm

Wow, who would have thought. Thanks for clearing that up, Christian. Silly reviewer, not liking the special on the whole because of that little scene. I'm still not very fond of it, (but can now look at differently and appreciate it a little more), and always loved "I Want a Dog for Christmas" despite the harassment part.

You learn something new everyday! ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » February 12th, 2009, 1:00 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 12th, 2009, 1:25 pm

That's one I've been meaning to get! Nice review, did you give it a 9/10? Hard to tell.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 12th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Nice review. I remember these two specials fondly, so this may be the first of WB's dvds that I actually get around to purchasing (yes, I'm still very far behind). I'm hoping they keep these in print a good long while so I have the opportunity to play catch up.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83