Favorite Disney animated shows?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2007, 3:11 pm

On Gargoyles, for which I was too old/young to get into at the time but can very much see the appeal now...was that a Disney pickup?

It LOOKED like a Disney show, but didn't they kind of distance themselves from it in selling it?

I know they were after a big toy line tie-in thing, like He-Man and the later TMNT and Pokemon phenomenons, but I don't remember it ever going out as "Disney's Gargoyles".

I always thought it was some sort of distribution deal for them, though the animation looks like a product of TMS, who they were using at the time for their TV output.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 10th, 2007, 3:17 pm

Ben wrote:Not that far.
I disagree! >:[

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » July 10th, 2007, 3:17 pm

I agree. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Phil » July 10th, 2007, 3:58 pm

Ben wrote:On Gargoyles, for which I was too old/young to get into at the time but can very much see the appeal now...was that a Disney pickup?

It LOOKED like a Disney show, but didn't they kind of distance themselves from it in selling it?
It was all Disney, but very different from what they had done before, so they did distance themselves a bit. Interesting note: Greg Weisman was an executive in the TV division and helped develop most of their early shows from Gummi Bears through Mighty Ducks. He took a demotion to become executive producer of Gargoyles because he loved the concept so much.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 10th, 2007, 5:59 pm

I may have to re-think the whole Gargoyles project, then, in its place in Disney TV chronology.

Very interesting, thanks! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 10th, 2007, 8:34 pm

Having just seen Goof Troop recently, I can honestly say, its just as good as it was back than.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 21st, 2008, 8:55 am

Hm,The Little Mermaid and the Aladdin shows thought the Aladdin one was weird (Jasmine turns into a snak???).
Does anyone knows why Belle's *Un*magical World got canceled?.
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 21st, 2008, 8:10 pm

I think you know that already, going by your *un*magical remark!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Whippet Angel » February 21st, 2008, 10:45 pm

Yeah, Aladdin was kinda weird.

Considering the fact that he was engaged to a Princess, don't you think she'd at least hook him up with a pair of shoes and decent clothing? :P

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » February 22nd, 2008, 1:13 am

Whippet Angel wrote:Yeah, Aladdin was kinda weird.

Considering the fact that he was engaged to a Princess, don't you think she'd at least hook him up with a pair of shoes and decent clothing? :P
Rofl I always wondered that as well. Sometimes its silly how to keep the character identification they need to keep the same clothing. lol
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 22nd, 2008, 8:49 am

Whippet Angel wrote:Yeah, Aladdin was kinda weird.

Considering the fact that he was engaged to a Princess, don't you think she'd at least hook him up with a pair of shoes and dencet clothing? :P
Yeah,thought she had some werid dresses in that show (she have decent on the Princess magazine covers).
Foxtale-there was some episode that her PJs are her normal outfit-but pink,it is silly thought in case of some characters (like Ariel,as a mermaid) it does make sense :).
Speaking Jasmine-she acted very werid in the series,she was Rambo in the series (throw pots,kicking people,there was some episode that she ruined the camera in one punch).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » February 24th, 2008, 4:33 pm

Aladdin's not a bad show, though. I skipped it when it was originally on, but recently I caught a couple episodes on Toon Disney and could see why it was somewhat popular back then.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 25th, 2008, 6:34 am

No,but it was really werid (like i said-Jasmine turns into a snak? Aladdin turn into a shark?).
Jasmine was also acting werid in the series.
The Little Mermaid was a good show but had werid parts (like Ariel freeze dinosaurs that can breath underwater? or she meets Hans Christian Anderson in a submarine?).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 26th, 2008, 1:09 pm

I don't see what's weired, those were actually good episodes!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 26th, 2008, 2:36 pm

The Little Mermaid was neat,yeah :D,but Aladdin? (and the episode with snak Jasmine was way twisted,she actually was acting like a real animale and looked like one,this is twisted :?).