I remember that too!

Man... the days when Sesame Street had good stuff on it... *sigh*
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 3rd, 2007, 1:20 am

Totally YCougar...

I loved Sesame Street. I still do.

My friend's 3-year-old has a whole collection of "The Best of" Sesame street DVDs--"Silly Songs", "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street" etc...all from this time period too. :wink:

BTW:

Backstreet Boys or 'N Synch never had their own cartoon!!!

:oops: :wink:

It premiered on the Disney Channel, BTW. New Kids actually had quite a few things going with Disney before they bottomed out--New Kids On The Block Wildest Dreams at Disney/MGM Studios, for one.
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 3rd, 2007, 11:54 am

I remember watching a New Kids tv special that had a bunch of movie spoofs (bad ones, but still).

"Save me, Indy!"

"Why do you keep calling me that? My name's Donny!"
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 3rd, 2007, 8:04 pm

Oh G-d I remember that!
:shock:

That's EXACTLY what I'm referring to. :) That was ALL filmed at Disney-MGM studios.

I had it on tape back then and watched it incessantly!!!! :D

Next to the Joe McIntyre section, that was my favorite part, the Donny-Raiders thing. (appropriate since he went on to being an actor.)

So funny, you're the first person I know in like, 15 years who has referred to it. :wink:

I know a lot of people say they had no talent--but they actually did a pretty decent job acting.

You can't tell me BackStreet Boys or Britney would have done better. :?

NKOTB weren't "great", but no where near as bad as people said....

They were just singing what they were told to sing. They didn't write the songs--Maurice Starr, their producer, did.

I agree that they got way overexposed after a few years, (I had a New Kids comic book, trade paperback and a Joey doll :roll:) but the backlash they got--I really don't think they deserved it. :(

( I admit that when they stopped being popular, I was like everyone else and all "Ill, New Kids s***!" but now I mostly feel sorry for them.)

I also read that there was even going to be a Nintendo game with them,but it was never released since by that time their popularity had gone down. :?
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » May 4th, 2007, 1:03 pm

I never watched that... hrm... but it does remind me a lot of the Limozeen cartoon "episode" on homestarrunner.com. Wonder if it's what they were making a parody of?

Though I actually have that song on my computer somewhere... pretty classic '80s sound. I love it. :)
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by MickeyMousePal » May 9th, 2007, 3:00 pm

I have seen these growing up during the 80's

Alvin & the Chipmunks
Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers
Defenders of the Earth
Duck Tales
Garfield and Friends
G.I. Joe
Gummi Bears
He-Man and the Masters of the Universe
Herculoids
Hulk Hogan's Rockin' Wrestling
Jonny Quest
Jetsons
M.A.S.K.
A Pup Named Scooby Doo
Real Ghostbusters
RoboCop
Robotech
She-Ra: Princess of Power
Silverhawks
Simpsons
Sky Commanders
Slimer & the Real Ghostbusters
Smurfs
Snorks
The Super Friends Hour
Super Friends: The Legendary Super Powers Show
Super Powers Team: Galactic Guardians
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Thundarr the Barbarian
ThunderCats
Transformers
Voltron, Defender of the Universe
The World's Greatest Super Friends
Wuzzles
Winnie the Pooh Hour

My favorites have to be Transformers, TMNT and Thundercats.
Last edited by MickeyMousePal on May 9th, 2007, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 9th, 2007, 5:24 pm

Yes, but as the title of this thread asks...what was your <I>favorite</I>? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 10th, 2007, 4:14 am

For me Ducktales, Smurfs and Real Ghostbusters all the way....:)

Also, can't believe I forgot this cool bit of trivia:

The voice of Jordan Knight on the New Kids cartoon (not Jordan Knight, none of them did the voices) also voiced:

....Dick Grayson (Robin) on the 1990's Batman: The Animated series!!!! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

okay

Post by omie » May 18th, 2007, 4:16 pm

Okay, here's one I've been trying to remember like crazy. It wasn't actually a show, but if anyone remembers watching nickelodeon back in the 80's, they will remember this as well. Unfortunately, I suck at describing this, but...

The cartoon shorts they'd play that were maybe a minute or two in length. They didn't have dialogue in it, but would usually consist of an insect or something similar struggling with a situation. One that I remember clearly was an Ant trying to roll something up a hill and it would just keep rolling back and squashing him. It was always set to a cheery whistling music. I believe another one had something like a mosquito in it. I remember there being quite a few different episodes of these shorts.

Does anyone remember anything more about it than I do?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

heehee

Post by omie » May 18th, 2007, 9:00 pm

Actually, spent all day looking and finally found it. It was the lilliput cartoons from Italy that I was thinking of. Here's one of them--more on youtube:

Wooo, I feel successful being able to find it in one afternoon.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » May 19th, 2007, 1:48 am

That was actually kinda cute. Glad you were able to find it!

And welcome to the boards, omie! :)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 23rd, 2007, 1:34 am

Ben wrote:Yes, but as the title of this thread asks...what was your <I>favorite</I>? :)

Robotech (1985) was by far the most durable of the 1980s animated TV series that I've seen. I like it even better than the ORIGINAL Japanese versions of those shows. That usually doesn't happen when I see the original Japanese versions of many dubbed/adapted TV series.

Robotech remains, by far, my favorite animated TV series.

Another guilty pleasure is Thundarr the Barbarian (1981) which I hope WILL get a DVD release. C'mon WB, it's only 13 episodes! :lol:

Voltron hasn't aged as well as these other two shows but it's still a guilty pleasure. I have all three of the tin box releases so far and intend on getting the whole original series. Big pass from me on the CG Voltron if it ever makes it onto DVD and the interactive comic DVD as those are vastly inferior to the original show. I have no plans on getting the the original Japanese version of Voltron (Go-Lion) when the American distributor gets around to releasing it. What's the point? It's NOT what I grew up with and it frankly sounds INFERIOR to the rewritten American version.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » May 23rd, 2007, 4:23 pm

:D :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » May 24th, 2007, 10:32 pm

Good old Pac-Man. Goofy, cheesy, nostalgic fun. I taped a few episodes off of Boomerang last year and enjoyed every minute of what I saw. It'd be nice if the show got a dvd release, but understandably, I doubt it ever will 'cause the potential audience for it is just too small to warrent the effort. Although, it was on the survey that WB did recently to gague interest in some of their shows...
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » May 31st, 2007, 10:12 pm

"The Super Mario Brothers Super Show" got released recently and apparently was a big hit on DVD. Although that show is a bit more known than Pac-Man, or maybe not. I always thought I was the only one who remembered it until it came out on DVD last year. :)