Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes-Season Set

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes-Season Set

Post by eddievalient » September 13th, 2007, 1:30 pm

This is from tvshowsondvd:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Fantas ... oming/8059

Personally I think this is great news. I picked up the first 4-episode volume earlier this year and liked what I saw quite a bit. The series is more lightweight than you might expect and there is a fair amount of humor (some of which falls flat) but I'd recommend it to fans of the foursome and particularly to fans of the movie since the show has a similar vibe. I kinda glad I haven't bought volume two yet, cause now it looks like I won't have to. That always seems to be my luck, cause directly after I got the first single volume of The Batman, a season set was announced. Maybe I should pick up the single volumes of The Real Ghostbusters to see if it works again...
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 13th, 2007, 11:39 pm

I haven't seen the show yet, as the announcement of a first season set was what I was waiting for. Glad to see it's coming!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 14th, 2007, 3:35 am

Not a fan of FF, but good news for fans!

Btw, here's two old similar threads:

Details released on animated Fantastic Four DVD set....

Marvel 1966 Animated Collection off BV release schedule

Code Horror

Post by Code Horror » September 14th, 2007, 4:08 pm

So there's a Complete First Season coming? Cool.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Fantastic Four: World's Greatest Heroes-Season Set

Post by Once Upon A Dream » October 10th, 2007, 8:17 am

Hmmm,i actually like this series,it's yet the best Marvel series,i also it's the best Sue with Jessica Alba's Sue (for example-in the old series she's just some damsle,she dosn't do anything exept get kiddnapt every 5 seconds).
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 25th, 2007, 12:00 am

Randall wrote:I haven't seen the show yet, as the announcement of a first season set was what I was waiting for. Glad to see it's coming!

Meh.

Keep waiting for that ultimate animated version of the FF.

Just hasn't happened yet. H-B, De-Patie Freleng, Marvel Animation, and now this French company making the new show have failed to capture the feel of the comic.

I would have loved to have seen a GOOD FF series or movie, but it's not happening with the current Marvel management mentality.

These people just DO NOT care about the integrity of the characters nor have they bothered to hire people with the right talent who are FANS of the material. They go with the standard hacks who will do as they're told. The FF as people knew and cared about is long gone. The last guy who wrote and drew a GOOD FF series was John Byrne. Nobody's bothered to create anything new, or do new things with the characters that make any kind of sense. It's endless recycling and tinkering with the storylines to the point that they're pale shadows of the original works. (What's next? Galactus as a F^&*&^ cosmic cloud? Oops, that's been done in BOTH the Ultimate comics and the last FF movie!) Even well-intentioned comic book artists and writers like Walt Simonson and Roger Stern have fallen short of the mark.

I've seen the new FF animated series. It's another show with a mediocre pseudo-anime look that's glib about the source material and unfortunately follows the formula set by the equally mediocre live-action movie series and Ultimate FF comic.

Again, another Marvel failure.

Not surprising given the people in charge of that company...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 21st, 2008, 4:56 am

I saw 2 episode yesterday.
Shell Games and Atlantis Attacks:
Shell Games was good,I liked Iron Man in the episode,the best when they
beheaded the gray suite,their screaming was funny XDDD
Atlantis Attacks was better,Namor will get his film someday?
my favorite was Namor in the tank,"Here fishy fishy fishy,come get the num-nums" XDDDDDD
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]