IF you bought the He-Man (2002) Vol.1 DVD -- READ

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

IF you bought the He-Man (2002) Vol.1 DVD -- READ

Post by GeorgeC » March 1st, 2008, 12:05 am

Bad news from TheDigitalBits.com:

"Also, BCI has just announced a disc replacement program for Disc One of the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe: Volume One set (the 2002 series), which has an authoring problem. You can call 866-641-3472 or e-mail HeManDisc@gmail.com to arrange an exchange (be sure to include or tell them your name, mailing address, daytime telephone number and the store where you purchased the set). As a bonus, they'll send you an exclusive art card with the replacement disc for your troubles."

Yet another badly authored disc hits the market!

Ah well, at least we get an art card for consolation! :roll:

P.S. -- Yes, this affects EVERY darn copy of Vol. 1 of this series. You'll have to send the disc back to BCI to get the replacement. No place online or mortar store will have the corrected disc.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 1st, 2008, 2:50 pm

While these are a problem, when one takes into account the sheer numbers of DVDs that are produced, authored and replicated, a handful of "bad" titles a year is pretty good going.

Yep, it's a pain, and especially annoying on BIG studio titles where they should really know better, but at least the companies acknowledge these things and do something about them.

Speaking of replacements, howsabout we document any known problem discs right here? I know the Looney Tunes one almost passed me by because there's never any publicity for these things (for obvious reasons).

So...to get the ball rolling:

Back The The Future Part II - incorrect framing on non-V2 pressings
Back The The Future Part III - incorrect framing on non-V2 pressings
Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life - interlaced flagging on progressive video
Disney Treasures: More Silly Symphonies - incorrect masters used
Disney Legacy: component video and framing issues on select discs
Superman: Ultimate Collection - I and III had content issues
Looney Tunes V2 - interlaced cartoons on disc four

That's all I'm aware of or sent off for...any others? :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 1st, 2008, 3:59 pm

"Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl" Blu-ray disc - framing problems

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/news/sh ... ealed/1284