Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown will air tonight

Post by gaastra » March 18th, 2008, 9:07 am

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 18th, 2008, 11:57 am

You know, I've never managed to catch this one and doggone it, I have class tonight so I won't see it this year either. I guess that's what the dvd is for.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 18th, 2008, 5:10 pm

eddievalient wrote:You know, I've never managed to catch this one and doggone it, I have class tonight so I won't see it this year either. I guess that's what the dvd is for.
"Nobody puts eggs in the waffle iron, Marcie!"

(Ah, the vintage Guaraldi-era specials--Disk goodness indeed.) 8)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 18th, 2008, 10:19 pm

If they really wanted to be clever, they'd show "Flashbeagle" as a lead in to "Dancing with the Stars" one of these nights. Or "Snoopy! The Musical" as a lead in to the Tonys. Or "Charlie Brown's All Stars" on opening day of baseball season. Come on, ABC! If you've got it, use it!
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » March 18th, 2008, 11:32 pm

eddievalient wrote:If they really wanted to be clever, they'd show "Flashbeagle" as a lead in to "Dancing with the Stars" one of these nights. Or "Snoopy! The Musical" as a lead in to the Tonys.!
Not if you'd ever actually seen any of them... -_-

Still, Warner was smart enough to air the DVD commercial, ie., "If you like the special, own it on disk!"

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » March 19th, 2008, 1:39 am

Not a fan of those, huh? Oh well. At the very least, you have to admit that Just One Person from Snoopy! is a great song. It moves me every time I hear it (they even used it for the Muppets' tribute to Jim Henson). And Flashbeagle (the song) is pure 80s cheez-whiz gold. One of Desiree Goyette's best contributions. I actually found that album on a sharity blog recently. Some kind soul was good enough to digitize the audio from the LP so toonheads like me could hear it. Like I said, cheez-whiz gold.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 19th, 2008, 2:39 am

Ahh, that takes me back! Good ole, "Snoopy! The Musical". I remember liking it, I think.

Watched "It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" earlier. Silly, since I just bought the DVD -- if anyone is considering buying it, it's on sale this week for $12.99 at Target. Such a classic.