The Flintstones - The Complete Series

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » July 16th, 2008, 11:48 pm

Ben wrote:MIGHTY tempting, lad...
Is that your new catchprase? :wink:
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 17th, 2008, 10:21 am

If I say it enough times, it might just be!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Winterangel6000 » July 29th, 2008, 10:56 pm

:mrgreen: Hi All,

I am new to this forum, but I have been a long -time Flintstones fan!!! I came here about three days ago, looking for any info on the over 4.5 hours of new extras that I hear courtesy TVShowsOnDVD.com, are suppose to be included on the ¨The Flintsyones: The Complete Series! Box Set!! I didn´t have much luck, but here is my wish list!!

¨I Yabba Dabba Do,¨ The 1993, TV Movie!!

¨Hollyrock- Abye- Baby,¨ The 1994 TV Movie!!

¨A Flintstone Christmas,¨ The 1977 TV Special!!

¨Flitstones: Little Big Leauge,¨ The 1978 TV Special!!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2008, 2:02 pm

Hi and welcome, Winterangel6000! :) I'm glad you decided to join.

I would love your first two choices to be included! Actually, I bet they will be. Complete Series box sets tend to have the TV movies (Brady Bunch, I Love Lucy, Mash) but as in the case of the first two, you can only get them by buying the Series box set. Not fair. Doesn't look like it's ending anytime soon, which is a shame.

As for the last two on your wish list, if they are cool, if not, I don't mind. Not really favorites, but they're good. 'We want Santa!' Oh, it's also when Pebbles sings the 'Hope' song. I LOVE that song. It always makes me a bit teary eye.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Winterangel6000 » July 30th, 2008, 4:25 pm

:D Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the nice welcome!!!

I LOVE the ¨Hope¨ Song, as well!!! It is just great in so many Hanna-Barbera, Holiday Specials!!! They are just pure fun!! You are right, many of these shows aren´t Oscar Worthy, but hey, they do bring back wonderful memories, of a different time!!

Take care,
Last edited by Winterangel6000 on July 30th, 2008, 11:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » July 30th, 2008, 10:45 pm

Yes, my second favorite use of the "Hope" song would be in "Yogi's First Christmas". Just beautiful.

I can't wait until we hear what the 4.5 hours of new material will be. That may finally push me into wanting to get this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Winterangel6000 » July 31st, 2008, 12:09 am

:P Hi Daniel,

I know!!! I am waiting with baited breath, to see what these ¨Yabba Dabba Dooo,¨ extras, will be!!!

Take care!!!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 3rd, 2008, 4:08 pm

Not having any of the sets, I'm in for this, especially at $90.

The 4.5 hrs of new stuff would be great to include specials and TV movies. What would be missing then? Man Called Flintstone and the later Pebbles show? I could live without them being in the big box.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 4th, 2008, 2:06 pm

Oh, there are quite a few. Some off the top of my head: "A Flintstone Family Christmas", "The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone" and for movies "The Jetsons Meet the Flintstones". With the exception of "Frankenstone", I would love any of those to be included. If "I Yabba-Dabba Do!" and "Hollyrock-a-Bye Baby" make the list, I can definitely see "Family Christmas" being included, since there is a connection.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 4th, 2008, 3:06 pm

The Flintstones Meet Rockula and Frankenstone...fun...I still have that somewhere! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Yogi bear and flintstones big-screen movies coming to DVD!

Post by gaastra » August 7th, 2008, 6:39 pm

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 7th, 2008, 7:20 pm

And just so it's not a total loss:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Flints ... tone/10265

:D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » August 7th, 2008, 8:14 pm

Thank you both! Great news. :)

Kinda wish they would've changed the cover art, but oh well. Having the special is enough. And yay for Yogi's first movie!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » August 7th, 2008, 8:29 pm

Coooool! Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! :D

I had already gotten The Man Called Flintstone a couple years ago from Canada (which is technically part of North America, right?) :wink: .. but I guess it was 'worth the wait' for the USA in order to get HTIYB, too!

It's too bad the cover art doesn't evoke the original theatrical poster (as TMCF does) .. but I'll 'fix' that, for my copy. :twisted:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 12th, 2008, 7:41 pm

Rumor has it we'll be finding out the details on those 4.5 hours of bonus material very soon... I should hope so, the set comes out at the end of October!