Shrek The Halls

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 25th, 2007, 4:53 pm

Did anyone see the Shrek The Halls thing? It doesn't seem to have made much of an impact, much like the third film:

http://animated-views.com/2007/shrek-3-dvd-review/

How the heck is this making so much money!? :(

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » November 25th, 2007, 5:27 pm

People have no taste.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 25th, 2007, 5:30 pm

Good review Ben, agreed completly. -- Saw it few days ago. This is one Shrek I won't be purchasing, I regret even renting it. :(

With Shrek The Halls, I've been hearing good things, like this. Gingy! I'm sure it'll be cute and enjoyable, who knows it might even better then Third. The actual special debuts this Wednesday [11-28] at 8:00pm on ABC. I'm definitely gonna be tuning in! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 26th, 2007, 12:32 am

I want to watch the Shrek the Halls thing even though I don't have very high standards for me. Sadly I feel like somehow I'm going to forget and not remember until Thursday to watch it. >.<
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 26th, 2007, 3:19 am

If you want, I could remind you via PM on Wednesday? :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » November 26th, 2007, 4:56 pm

I thought it was a very well-written review, Ben. I have a soft spot for Shrek, but....I do see a lot of the flaws now. In my opinion: film should have focused more on the babies, Fiona and Shrek becoming parents. That was the heart of the story and that's what we should have seen more of. :( (Why in the world would they separate them through most of the film??) There was a lot of potential there that got squandered.

I admit the princesses kind of grate on you. Especially Queen Lillian....and Fiona, who was so multi-layered (IMHO) in Shrek 1...fades away in Shrek 2 and does nothing in Shrek 3. The whole "kick-a** girlfriend" thing from Shrek 1 was SOOOO tired here. Copied almost verbatim with Snow White and the forest animals.

Despite what's been said I DO think the relationship between Artie and Shrek was kind of sweet, but not focused on enough. I still liked it but it just seems like it comes out of nowhere and then goes....nowhere. :? (Still love Merlin though. :P)

It's hard for me to say these things, 'cause like I said, the first Shrek will always have a special place in my heart. But there's no denying that the Shrek franchise (which is what it is now) needs to be reigned in, fast. I just wish they'd stop, excuse the expression, pimping out this poor character. If they keep doing it no one will remember how awesome the first Shrek really was. (and I do think it was.)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 26th, 2007, 9:35 pm

Daniel wrote:If you want, I could remind you via PM on Wednesday? :)
*laughs* that might actually work ^.^ If you remember I would love it. ^.^
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v188/Foxtale/almostthere_signature_smaller.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 27th, 2007, 12:14 am

K, don't worry I won't forget! ;)

Never thought I would say this, but like Vi, I want this whole Shrek movie deal to end. As much as I love sequels, I don't want anymore Shrek's, enough is enough.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 27th, 2007, 9:16 am

Yay!

Yeah I thought enough was enough when I went to the vending machine in the basement of my building at school (you know the one no one ever uses) and every piece of candy had shrek on it. M&M's, snickers were green, etc.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 28th, 2007, 8:54 pm

*Jams Dynamite into VHS player, lites fuse*

Bahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhnhh, I was kindly reminded to watch the Shrek the Halls Special. But I had to be out (couldn't get around it). So I set my tape player to record it, and checked to make sure it would work yesterday but for some reason it didn't record. I just missed it. >.< Sooo close.

So how was it?

Has it reached the internet yet?

(oh i was the last person to post sorry about the double post)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Christian » November 28th, 2007, 9:11 pm

Hurry up and fly to the West Coast.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Foxtale » November 28th, 2007, 9:16 pm

*laughs* I wish.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » November 29th, 2007, 1:32 am

Shrek The Halls was...well, really short and underwhelming.
I expected more, even from a TV special, it wasn't bad...just not very good either.
I was hoping for a more original "Shrek take" on Christmas, instead we we're presented with all the regular and expected clichés.

And I have to say that I don't really understand the point of airing a Christmas special in November.
The special would have been far more effective if it aired on Christmas eve.

With all that said, Puss did have one really funny moment. :D
Last edited by Jeroen on November 29th, 2007, 1:45 am, edited 4 times in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by YCougar » November 29th, 2007, 1:33 am

It was all right, but didn't move me or really make me laugh. A decent effort, and pretty... but also pretty forgettable.
[img]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a388/ninja_otter/SKsignature.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 29th, 2007, 3:04 am

Foxtale wrote:Has it reached the internet yet?

(oh i was the last person to post sorry about the double post)
I'm hoping it does, so you and anyone else who missed it could see it.

Oh, and don't sweat it about double posting. If its been like a day and you add information, its cool. :) (ie, that post = ok!)

Well, I saw Shrek the Halls... I very much enjoyed it. Went in with semi-low expectations and was pleasantly surprised. No, it didn't offer much new, pretty much what I was expecting, but it had 'heart'. Something that dearly missing in Third. Heck, it touched me. In its allotted time, (21 minutes sans comercials) I thought it handled its plot pretty good. I do believe this will be a new x-mas tradition.

One little minor joke I loved:
When Donkey was giving out his Christmas cards. I thought the way he carried them on his person was addorable and the card themselves were cute and funny.