Pink Panther Classic Cartoons set for Seperate Release!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Pink Panther Classic Cartoons set for Seperate Release!

Post by William » October 10th, 2008, 6:29 pm

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pink-P ... tion/10675

After a previous announcement that the 9 discs in the "Pink Panther and Friends Classic Cartoon Collection" series would be included in the November 25th "Pink Panther: The Ultimate Collection" box set featuring all but one of the live-action "Pink Panther" motion pictures, MGM (via Fox) announced that the nine cartoon discs will be spun off into their own box set, due out January 27th. No package art available yet, but the combined totals of all nine discs' running times will be 1,217 minutes.

Disc-by-disc content breakdown is at the link above.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » October 10th, 2008, 9:02 pm

(...So, what IS on that 9th disk?) 0_o??

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 10th, 2008, 10:08 pm

Perhaps A Pink Christmas? It would make sense and is the only title missing.

Well, total pass from me. Too pricey and I'm content with the Pink box set and the individual releases.

BTW, here's our old Panther thread.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » October 11th, 2008, 2:24 am

Wouldn't the ninth disc likely be the content from the fifth disc of the original Pink Panther cartoon box set? That disc finished off the shorts and had numerous bonus features. The runtime on the old fifth disc is listed at 108 minutes, similar to the 119 minutes listed for Disc 9 of the new set.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 12th, 2008, 5:07 pm

Darn it...what I was hoping for was a "Cartoon Collection Volume 2", which would package the non-PP collection cartoons together.

Granted I already have The Ant and the Aardvark disc, but even if it meant going for a double dip on that one title to get the rest in a cool set, I'd have been happy.

So V8 is going to be Roland and Ratfink, eh? I don't think that's out as a separate yet, is it? And that V9 is still a mystery...can't see them repeating the bonus material (some of which was already cribbed from the previous live-action box set!) so my guess is either the Christmas disc or something like the Crazy Legs Crane cartoons.