Bonkers on DVD?

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Bonkers on DVD?

Post by Darkblade » January 25th, 2009, 10:50 am

Is there ANY news on a DVD release of bonkers?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 25th, 2009, 11:40 am

None that I've heard. It seems that Disney has given up on releasing their tv cartoons. This is especially frustrating because there are five series that would only take one more volume to complete (Ducktales, Gargoyles, Gummi Bears, Talespin and Chip 'N' Dale's Rescue Rangers). It doesn't help that my favorite episode of Ducktales would have been in the last volume.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » January 25th, 2009, 3:38 pm

What episode would that be, out of curiosity?

Would love to see Bonkers released. I haven't seen it in years, though remember it being a favorite of mine. If Disney can release the first season of Hanna Montana, surely they can mine their own vault... oh, if only. :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » January 25th, 2009, 3:51 pm

Can we name the threads in relation to the content please! Renamed this to make it clear what the discussion is about.

I would love for the final volumes of Gummi Bears and Duck Tales to be released, but my personal hope is for a complete Wuzzles box set!

I don't think sales have been too good for these, but then again with the bad reviews they all got for their video quality (using non-cleaned masters, over compressed to get 4+ hours on a disc) and the lack of extras, I'm not too surprised.

I'd also like to see the three Duck Tales TV movies out in their movie editions, and don't forget that Gargoyles fans have also been left hanging for years now.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » January 25th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Daniel wrote:What episode would that be, out of curiosity?
The Masked Mallard. I'm a big fan of superhero/crimefighter stories and that one in particular has always been a personal favorite. Plus, it was really the precursor to Darkwing Duck, which was excellent when they did hero episodes but not so much when they did sitcom episodes (a point I never really picked up on until I got the boxset).
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83