Star Trek: The Animated Series DVD set delayed to 2006...

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Star Trek: The Animated Series DVD set delayed to 2006...

Post by GeorgeC » February 13th, 2005, 10:00 pm

In the wake of the news about the staking of Star Trek: Enterprise (yay! Let's hope that vampire doesn't come back to life like Christopher Lee), more bad news follows.

The Digital Bits had an update on the Star Trek animated series DVD set within the past week or so.

The release of the 1973-1974 Star Trek animated series DVD set has been delayed to 2006. No reasons were given but presumably Paramount's slate is full for the year and they want to sell as many Enterprise TV DVD sets as possible to the few suc----, er fans, left from that show.

Hopefully, Star Trek fans won't have to pay $100 for the animated series set when it comes out in 2006.

IF Paramount had priced the TOS sets $70 or less, lord knows I would have gotten at least the first 2 seasons by now. Amazing that Smallville, Buffy, and all these other current sci-fi genre shows with MUCH smaller fanbases get cheaper boxsets but Paramount still foolishly overprices a 40-year-old series that has paid for its restoration/preservation costs many times over...!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 26th, 2005, 6:10 pm

Yep, I'm waiting for price drops.

And only then will I get TOS and TAS when they are reasonably priced.