Justice League: Complete Series set to touch down...

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Justice League: Complete Series set to touch down...

Post by GeorgeC » August 17th, 2009, 9:30 am

http://www.newsarama.com/film/080917-Be ... rtain.html

Justice League gets a full set release on November 10th this year. The set encompasses the two seasons of Justice League and the full Justice League Unlimited series in a 15-disc DVD set.

The previously announced Superman: The Complete Series streets November 24th in a 7-disc set. Superman gets a new disc of extras not featured in the previous 3 volume 2-disc releases...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 17th, 2009, 9:42 am

Great for those that don't have them, but the new featurette does little to entice me for a double-dip. Guess I can pass. I'd be more tempted by a Blu-ray set, though, with all proper aspect ratios.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » August 17th, 2009, 12:43 pm

I don't know when a Blu ray of any more of this stuff will show up.

I guess the sales for Season 1 of Justice League on Blu ray weren't that good.

I think WB is sticking to DVD for set releases of animation for the time being.

The only releases get BD treatment are the newer OVA material like the WB animated movies.

I'd definitely be in the market for a BD upgrade of the earlier animated Batman films like Mask of the Phantasm. That was released theatrically so there are at least 35mm matted film prints in existence for it.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 17th, 2009, 2:38 pm

Does this mean if we're offered the Superman: Complete set I might actually have a shot at it Rand? ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 17th, 2009, 10:58 pm

Sure. I have all those eps already. Though, I do have an archived review of the first Superman set I've been saving, in case I ever got around to writing up the others. :) I could share that with you if that helps.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » August 18th, 2009, 6:26 am

I was half joking, but that would be way cool (and thanks for the review offer too). I never, as you know, got into the Batman series that much (couldn't get past season one) and as such the Superman series didn't really appeal to me, from the few episodes I saw back when they first showed.

But I caught the two-parter Last Son Of Krypton a couple of months ago and didn't think it was too bad, the only trouble being that they show S:TAS in 12 minute chunks every morning on a kids show that's on at 6:20am! So there's no way that I would be able to follow that, especially when they have the Superman segment on at random times within the 90 minute block.

So if we got this in I'd be interested in looking at it for, as you said elsewhere, just for the love of the character and how he is treated here. :)