Disney's TeamPirate

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Disney's TeamPirate

Post by Neal » August 21st, 2009, 1:58 pm

Steve Hulett at The TAG Blog has shed light on the next animated TV show for Disney.
Disney TVA has got more projects in the hopper than they did a few months ago. Over at Disney TVA Sonora… …TeamPirate is in work…
Also slated for production in the next few months is the new series about pirates (mentioned here earlier) that has had a title change, and involves some well-loved Disney characters. (Since I don't spy any details for the project out on the internets, -- and let's stipulate that I may just have overlooked it -- I won't break detailed news about it here. I have problems enough without getting huffy corporate phone calls as it is.)
Now, that could mean a Pirates of the Caribbean show, or it could mean Mickey and the gang as pirates.

Personally, I hope for classic sea-related characters like Hook, Peter Pan, Jim Hawkins, Milo Thatch to somehow all come together.
Feature Animation Favorites:
  • Tekkonkinkreet, Watership Down, A Town Called Panic, Howl's Moving Castle, Rio 2096, Mind Game, Fantastic Planet

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by estefan » August 21st, 2009, 2:54 pm

If it is a show featuring Mickey and pals, I guess we should expect an announcement within the next couple of months regarding Mickey's new voice actor. I'm sure Disney will do a solid job in picking the right actor for the job, though following Wayne Allwine, he has some very big yellow shoes to fill.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Disney's TeamPirate

Post by EricJ » August 21st, 2009, 4:44 pm

Neal wrote:Now, that could mean a Pirates of the Caribbean show, or it could mean Mickey and the gang as pirates.

Personally, I hope for classic sea-related characters like Hook, Peter Pan, Jim Hawkins, Milo Thatch to somehow all come together.
From the "Team" title, somebody on the crew had to be avenging the old Gargoyles-wannabe "Team Atlantis" series (that actually wasn't too bad, and arguably better than the movie...)