Spider-man to team-up with heroes in new cartoon

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Spider-man to team-up with heroes in new cartoon

Post by gaastra » April 13th, 2010, 1:30 pm

Looks like the last spider-man show is gone. A new series is on the way to disney xd.

Looks like spider-man will team up with other heroes.

http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/display/25162

"LOS ANGELES/CANNES: Marvel Animation is set to deliver a new animated Spider-Man series in the fall of 2011, with Disney XD as the primary worldwide television partner.

Ultimate Spider-Man will chronicle Peter Parker's evolution from a naïve teen hotshot to a true hero who comes to terms with his origins and abilities.

“Ultimate Spider-Man will be a unique journey exploring our favorite web-slinger as he teams up with other fan favorite Marvel Super Heroes in never before seen stories with a new life filled with great challenges, new friends, intense action and character growth," said Eric S. Rollman, the president of Marvel Animation."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Spider-man to team-up with heroes in new cartoon

Post by GRUNT » April 14th, 2010, 7:31 pm

They should have called it Spider-man: The Brave and the Bold :P.

Although it's doubtful, I really really hope this doesn't mean the end of Spectacular Spider-man! That show was frickin' AMAZING and I'd be very sad if we didn't get at least one more season :(.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 14th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Spectacular Spider-Man is dead... Just accept it.

Sony's animation rights (to Spider-Man) lapsed and passed back to Marvel which is now owned by Disney.

Disney is not going to fund two series about a solo Spider-Man running back-to-back with each other.

The new show is based on the Ultimate Spider-Man comic which is NOT a team-up comic. This is going to be yet another solo series covering the same ground that's been gone over before 4-5 times now in the past 20 years.

Only Batman is more overexposed now. Such is the current sad state of popular culture and the unwillingness to branch out and do something new, now.

Disney is basically doing what Sony is doing with the live-action Spider-Man... starting fresh again. Since Spectacular Spider-Man was based more on the first 3 Spidey movies than anything else there is some ulterior logic in scrapping that and beginning fresh. 26-episode animated series aren't that unusual now. They've been done for years in Japan and many series (in Japan) get 11-13 episode runs, too. It's just newer to the US where we expect larger show order commitments.

One thing does puzzle me, though...

This is strictly Disney XD and NOT a show that will be seen on non-cable/basic cable.

That's still a big nick against it unless it gets shown widely on YouTube or Hulu... Of course, you have to have a high-speed/broadband to really appreciate TV on the Net.

It's.... just not really the same and a frustrating experience when your computer or cable network isn't up to par. There's also the continuing issue of even the broadband networks clogging and U/L//D/L/'s becoming ridiculously slow..

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by eddievalient » April 16th, 2010, 12:49 pm

If they're doing Ultimate Spider-Man, they need to do a feature length pilot adapting the first 5 issues straight up. IMO, Ultimate had the best variation of Spidey's origin and I'd love to see that story make it to the screen.
The Official Lugofilm Ltd Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/bartsimpson83

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » May 1st, 2010, 2:23 am

The problem I had with Ultimate Spider-Man is that I just can't see a point in making minor let alone radical changes to something that was right the first time!

Sadly, that's pretty much the state of comics today. So much recycling and retconning because there's no impetus and benefit to creators to doing anything new at either Marvel or DC. It's lazy writing all-around.

I also get a bit upset every time I see an entry on Ultimate Spider-Man proclaiming Bendis and Bagley created the character.

They didn't create a darn thing! They just did another unnecessary retake on a story that's already been rehashed a million times.

(As corny and melodramatic as Stan Lee's scripting could get at times, at least he wasn't consciously trying to be hip and cool for teenagers like Bendis is all the time. His comics read like the worst Kevin Smith movies! I find that style of writing to be overly ingratiating and condescending at its worst... Dr. Seuss wrote his stories better!)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by paulmartin483 » May 17th, 2010, 5:58 am

I was saw the spider movie. It was so interesting. But when I was saw it cartoon. It was quite acceptable by me. The story line of the cartoon is the same but I was not saw spider man as bravo and sound was quite like. I wish that spider men team would be create something new than previously.