List of shorts on The Essential Bugs Bunny Collection DVD

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

List of shorts on The Essential Bugs Bunny Collection DVD

Post by GeorgeC » July 14th, 2010, 11:15 pm

TheDigitalBits.com --

"Warner has offered some details on their new The Essential Bugs Bunny Collection due on DVD on 10/12 (SRP $26.99). The 2-disc set will include 20 classic shorts, 3 of which are completely new to DVD. Among the shorts included will be Elmer's Candid Camera, A Wild Hare, The Old Grey Hare, Baseball Bugs, Hair Raising Hare, Hairdevil Hare, Eight Ball Bunny, Rabbit of Seville, Rabbit Fire, Show Biz Bugs, Knighty Knight Bugs, What's Opera Doc?, My Dream is Yours, How Bugs Bunny Won the West (new to DVD), Bugs Bunny Wild World of Sports (new to DVD), Carrotblanca and Hare in Loathing in Las Vegas (new to DVD). The set will also include the all-new Ain't I a Stinker featurette, the 1990 short Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers (first seen with Space Jam, but included here in its original uncut form for the first time), the Emmy-nominated Bugs Bunny Bustin' Out All Over TV special and the 1976 The Carnival of the Animals TV special. "

There's also another collection coming out for Daffy Duck this year.

Invasion of the Bunny Snatchers is a pretty good short. Probably one of the last two really good Bugs Bunny shorts made.

It's a shame Blooper Bunny also wasn't included on the set, too.

I have a production drawing from that short signed by the original animator!

NOTE that this is a two-disc set. It will probably be on sale for $20 online...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 15th, 2010, 7:50 am

The "new to DVD stuff" is the only thing drawing me to this: way too much "already on DVD" material in there for my liking.

BUT...I finally get to retire my VHS of How Bugs Bunny Won The West and Wild World Of Sports (both compilation television specials, not actual cartoons), and I'm interested to see the recent Looney Tunes cartoons again.

Lots of repeated content though...I hope the Daffy set carries the Thanks-For-Giving special that hasn't turned up on disc yet, and maybe one or two of the other 1970s specials. That would do me.