Robot Chicken

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » January 9th, 2011, 6:11 pm

Actually, I was mistaken when I typed that. It was just 12 dollars for all three seasons!

eBay doesn't offer a lot of deals for recent releases, since they tend to be in greater current demand, but older sets sometimes go for very little. (I've recently also gotten Sealab 2021 sets and BCI Filmation sets for just dollars each.) Even if they're used, I don't mind so long as they're in good condition. Even if Robot Chicken can be hit-or-miss, I'm sure to at least get my money's worth getting these used copies.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » January 9th, 2011, 6:18 pm

Dacey --

Of course you can get the seasons that cheap online!

It depends on how much the seller wants to get rid of the discs...

You usually don't get such a good deal unless there are tons of copies of the same show circulating...

I don't begrudge anybody getting something that cheap. I was very, very happy to buy H-B sets last year from Big Lots when they sold them for $3 a piece unopened, mint condition!

There are tons of unsold DVDs and TV sets going well below MSRP. For instance, lot of the BCI martial arts/Asian DVDs are selling for $3 or less. Some of these DVDs and sets once sold for $30 and $70+ respectively. The reason for the low prices is that nobody's buying them!

You can bet on earlier releases of major films being next-to-worthless after a re-release unless there are significant reasons for earlier prints/editions to be valuable => extras not carried over to new editions, better print and mastering on earlier editions (this happens more than people think!), and alternative edits that also don't get carried on to new releases.