Here's the NEW Wonder Woman!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 18th, 2011, 9:18 pm

That's pretty bad. Looks cheap and way too shiny. Hate the pants. Also, those boots need to be red or at least a different shade of blue.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 18th, 2011, 11:46 pm

... ????

The COSTUME'S THE MAIN POINT? :shock:

You've gotta get your testerone levels checked! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 19th, 2011, 12:33 am

The overall design is not so far away from the original look--- mostly giving her pants, and changing the boot color. I didn't mind the Jim Lee redesign.

But I agree with Dan-- the execution looks too plastic. The blue should be darker, too. (Also, I can't help but notice that the photo of Adrianne doesn't make her look as pretty as the earlier photos in this thread, for some reason. But yes, she has the figure to pull it off nicely.)

The script is still the biggest hurdle to overcome, though.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 21st, 2011, 5:56 am

Don't forget that this is a bright costume being shown under full studio glare. On set, under proper lighting and the darker stock of film or graded digital video, it should be less bright and bubblegum looking. That said, the tone of the show seemed to suggest a lightness to it, so they may not tone down the colors too much, but I'm guessing that it'll look better in location situations.

And even if it doesn't? Well, hubba-hubba, I'm watching anyway! ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 21st, 2011, 4:05 pm

Finally, someone with smurfs agrees with me!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 26th, 2011, 10:46 am

I'm going to guess that you're going with "smarts" for that line, George... ;)

GeorgeC

Re: Here's the NEW Wonder Woman!

Post by GeorgeC » March 29th, 2011, 1:33 pm

No, I was going for something more along the lines of testi....

Well, you know what I mean without getting dirty!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 29th, 2011, 6:20 pm

My "wink" did mean I got your intention...but thanks for explaining the obvious! ;)

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » March 29th, 2011, 6:47 pm

Yeah,

I still find it unbelievable guys all over the Net are debating the details of the costume (which I admittedly don't care for -- it's too radically different from the traditional WW costume) when the female flesh inside is well.... what it is! :mrgreen:

The costume is kind of beside the main point here, whether people want to admit it or not! :lol:

AV Team
AV Team

Re: Here's the NEW Wonder Woman!

Post by Dan » March 30th, 2011, 5:23 pm

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » March 30th, 2011, 10:58 pm

Interesting. Some of those are the stunt double, while shots of Adrianne running show her face scrunched up, so I'm still waiting for the "beauty shot" where I fall in love with her as WW. She actually looks her best in the shot where she's smiling with a coat on, holding the water bottle.

The costume has been tweaked from what we saw before--- less shiny, boots are red now. Overall, steps in the right direction.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 1st, 2011, 3:22 am

Told you less shiny. And on the eventual film I bet it'll be less shiny still, so that the highlights glint in the light and the rest is more subdued in the lighting. :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » April 1st, 2011, 9:41 am

Of course, it helped that they changed the material. Looks more like cotton now.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » April 2nd, 2011, 12:29 am

Oh, this project is so dead...

If DC let Kelley get this far with the pilot, then there's absolutely nobody left in charge that cares anymore or really understands WW.

Sad, really... As lousy as the monthly comic book sales are, she is still is by far the most recognized female character amongst all the superheroes.

DC really has no confidence in doing adaptations that are faithful to the source material.

Oh well, at least they're leaving the animation projects alone... for now.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » May 13th, 2011, 10:21 am

Well, I guess none of it really matters now...NBC rejected the pilot and has not picked up Wonder Woman:
Hollywood Reporter wrote:WHAT'S OUT: Wonder Woman

Despite having the most buzz of any pilot this season, the David E. Kelley reboot failed to score a pickup. The news comes after lackluster buzz and a network screening that went poorly, multiple sources tell THR. The drama, produced by Warner Bros. TV, is a reinvention of the iconic DC comic in which Wonder Woman (Adrianne Palicki) is a vigilante crime-fighter in Los Angeles but also a successful corporate executive trying to balance all the elements of her extraordinary life. Joining Palicki is Elizabeth Hurley, Tracie Thoms and Cary Elwes. Jeff Reiner (The Event) directed the pilot. In recent weeks, sources had suggested that the network would renew Kelley's first season drama, Harry's Law, instead.

Thoms, who would have played Wonder Woman/Diana Prince's best friend Etta, voiced her disappoinment on Twitter, saying, "I am very sad that NBC passed on Wonder Woman. But that just goes to show you: There is no such thing as a "sure thing" in this biz."
I guess WB can shop it around (or place it on their own network as a Smallville replacement?), but it's rare for another network to pick up a show that's already been turned down. Hopefully someone will leak it so we can see if it was any good or not.