Cartoon Network Upfronts

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Cartoon Network Upfronts

Post by Rodney » April 13th, 2011, 9:02 am

I was suprised there was little mention in the forums on the new shows being developed for Cartoon Network next season. Here's the list (from http://news.turner.com/article_display. ... le_id=5610):

The Problem Solverz
Secret Mountain Fort Awesome
The Amazing World of Gumball
The Looney Tunes Show
Level Up
New Ben 10 Series
ThunderCats
Green Lantern
How to Train Your Dragon
Total Drama: Revenge of the Island
RedaKai: Conquer the Kairu
Lego Ninjago

I'm excited about the announcement of the DC Nation block of programming. I didn't expect a new Green Lantern cartoon but given the success of recent DTV releases and the upcoming movie, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. I'm kind of hoping it will be more in the vein of Justice League than Batman Brave & Bold. It makes sense for them to have an actual block of superheroes since they already have two sucessful shows on the air from DC (Batman and Young Justice). I'm confused if Thundercats will be part of this block since DC owns the rights to the comic books now.

In other news, I was really excited to hear about the How to Train Your Dragon series. I loved the movie last year and have heard great things about the series of books it's based on. I can't wait to see what they do with it on TV!