The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Post by Dan » August 1st, 2011, 10:21 pm

Set roughly 70 years after the original series, the new series follows the new Avatar in Korra. Having already learned water, fire, and earth bending, she leaves home and ventures to the United Republic in search of Tenzin, third son of Aang and Katara and the only known master air bender. Along the way, she meets and befriends brothers Mako, a fire bender, and Bolin, an earth bender, and joins their team in participating in the sport known as Pro Bending. However, during their ventures they find themselves running afoul with the metal bending police, led by Toph's daughter, as well as encountering the anti-bending revolutionists known as the Equalists, led by the mysterious Amon.

There's no immediate air date announced, though it is likely that it could be sometime in 2012 given how far deep into production of the first 13 episodes they are.

The following is the complete Comic Con panel:

And here is the martial arts reference demo:

AV Team
AV Team

Re: The Last Airbender: Legend of Korra

Post by Dacey » August 9th, 2011, 5:54 pm

Pretty sure we have a thread for this somewhere...

Very excited for the show, but its gonna be kinda weird in away, since most of the characters from the first are either very old or dead now.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by TitusTodd » April 28th, 2012, 6:52 am

This seems to be the thread for this (the only other mention was in a San Diego Comic Con thread).

Great to see this is out. First two episodes were good. Doesn't have the group dynamic yet but I suspect that is in the works. I'm enjoying the new setting just for the fact it is different but it sounds like the series will be set in Republic City which may grow tired over time.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » March 12th, 2015, 1:07 am

Didn't know where to post this, so I'm putting it here.

I managed to attend opening night of the Avatar/Korra tribute exhibition going on at Gallery Nucleus up in Northern LA. Let me tell you, it was P-A-C-K-E-D!!! Seriously, people spent the night in sleeping bags the night before, in part to ensure they were among the 100 to get the limited Turtle-Duck Date Night print.

What's more, those dressing up in cosplay would get in for free, so there were many in costume in line. So much so that the gallery (and I believe Nick) wanted group shots.

Here's the video I took of said group shot.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 12th, 2015, 6:29 am

Well that's quite a following! :)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » March 12th, 2015, 5:06 pm

Congrats, Ben. That was officially your 16,000th post. ;) :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » March 12th, 2015, 5:19 pm

16005! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LastActionHero » June 8th, 2015, 10:41 am

This series was particularly targeted at teenage audience, and thus they included unnecessary love story.
Loved the action, but hated the romance...
A good CFO can develop actionable data to inform decision-making - Maureen O'Connell Scholastic