Phineas & Ferb

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
Buzz Bumble

Phineas & Ferb

Post by Buzz Bumble » June 28th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Sorry if there's already a topic for this show - I did a quick search and couldn't see anything.

For those interested, here's the trailer for the Star Wars episode of the animated show "Phineas & Ferb".
YouTube Phineas & Ferb Star Wars episode trailer

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Phineas & Ferb

Post by TitusTodd » July 1st, 2014, 8:13 am

Looks good.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » May 7th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Regarding Phineas and Ferb ending...

Well, THAT was certainly unexpected! Granted, I've only seen a handful of episodes, but what I've seen has been pretty good ("The Chronicles of Meep" is pure comic gold). And by all accounts this show seemed like it was still really popular for them.

Wasn't it not long ago when a movie was supposed to open in theaters like in the summer of 2013? Of course, that was before Frozen, so maybe Disney has decided that with that, Marvel, and now Star Wars, they don't need this show to rake in future profits? I'm speaking off the top of my mouth, but it seems like a really bizarre decision (and, frankly, doesn't bode well for Gravity Falls' future), and unless it's because Phineas and Ferb is really expensive to produce, I can't see a reason why they're doing this.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 7th, 2015, 8:56 pm

How many eps are in the can? Maybe it's simply hit syndication numbers. I'm not sure if this is as much the case anymore, but there was a time that once you got about (what was it?) 65 shows, that was enough for a syndication package, which is where the real money is.

Sad reasoning, but that's show biz.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » May 7th, 2015, 9:42 pm

If you exclude Across the 2nd Dimension and take into account that the vast majority of the episodes are about 15 minutes long (there are about 5 hour long specials such as the Star Wars and Marvel episodes), the show will have had 223 episodes (according to Wikipedia). 224 if you count the stand alone Agent P special this fall.

As for Gravity Falls, I believe Alex already hinted that he planned for the show to only run for a few seasons.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » May 8th, 2015, 12:00 am

Well, that's a whole lot of episodes. And with the creators already signed on to create another show, it's possible they (the creators) just felt it was time to do something different.