The MUPPETS!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Founder
AV Founder

The MUPPETS!

Post by Ben » April 3rd, 2015, 1:14 pm

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG...!!!

ABC shooting new Muppet Show pilot next weekend!

Will probably go straight to series!

Bill Prady (Big Bang Theory, also of the original Jim Henson Hour and, most importantly, The Muppets' Tribute To Jim Henson) to write and produce!

Original (current) cast members on board!

Full story/more details here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... big-786193

Hopefully this also means seasons four and five of the original run plus Muppets Tonight on DVD too!

Muppetational! :) :) :) :) :)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: The MUPPETS!

Post by Randall » April 3rd, 2015, 3:12 pm

Wow, that sounds very promising! Exciting indeed, especially if it's successful and brings more classic Muppets to DVD (I'd love to have that tribute show on disc).

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 7th, 2015, 3:48 pm

Oh, this is exciting! Really enjoyed the new movies, it'll be great to see them on the silver screen again too!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » April 7th, 2015, 4:31 pm

Wow, Meg! Been a long time!
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » April 7th, 2015, 6:47 pm

Hey Meg! Good to see you. :)

I think this is very cool...haven't seen Most Wanted yet but looking foreword to when I finally do. The classic Muppet Show was great and it's time the Muppets are on TV again! :)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » April 8th, 2015, 8:48 pm

Muppets Most Wanted was fun, great soundtrack! Worth checking out if you're a fan.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » April 9th, 2015, 5:27 am

Two words: Celine Dion. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 11th, 2023, 9:31 pm

For fun this is still an incredible muppet collection. Complete with on set only merch for crew and scrips from the muppet show!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2023, 3:46 am

That is indeed Muppetational! :D

Might have to contact him someday. If anything happens to me then what I have should kind of by rights end up with that collection. Obviously you can’t see everything in that short video, and I’m sure he probably has similar things, but I have a few items that I didn’t see there even as the camera whizzed by (and one or two that I know he can’t have!). Although I don’t have even a fraction of his collection, it’s nice to know what I have looks to be quite rare and special.

Awesome amount of Muppet memorabilia! That’s a real fan right there! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 14th, 2023, 12:03 pm

Here is another tour but was a little older video so may not have some newer stuff in the other video but he goes over an hour through everything talking about things.

Chris seems like a nice guy. He chats on cinema sickness livestreams many times before.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 14th, 2023, 5:38 pm

Yeah, I did actually watch that other video after the first, as it was linked. :)

Nice to see some things in there I recognised, and still kind of nice to know I seem to have a few bits "exclusive" to myself, though again he naturally couldn’t show *everything* off. Very impressive collection!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 18th, 2023, 10:54 pm

Speaking of muppet collections--

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 21st, 2023, 5:08 am

Hey, another honest to goodness Brit! Seems he grew up around the same time as me as we had many of the same kind of things — hey, an Orville and Sooty! I literally around a month ago cleaned up and put on show those same puppets. :)

Fantastic story and autographed items, and the set repro is obviously terrific, but I must admit the glow kind of fades a little when you realise the Muppets are replicas, although they’re obviously still cool. Their messing around at the end does show how much a true puppeteer brings to the final manipulation and performance.

Not too long ago I was at the BBC Centre, which used to be Lew Grade's ATV where The Muppet Show was taped, and Statler and Waldorf's box is still there on the wall next to the audience seating area on one of the stages, which is now used for comedy and panel games shows! It was a great feeling (warm and fuzzy, no puns intended! being back in that space. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » November 21st, 2023, 10:17 pm

Muppet mayhem killed after one season.

https://deadline.com/2023/11/the-muppet ... 235632163/

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » November 22nd, 2023, 3:49 am

Sheesh…I better get around to watching it before it’s pulled! :(