You've gotta get Stephen Silver's books!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

You've gotta get Stephen Silver's books!

Post by GeorgeC » April 30th, 2005, 2:50 pm

I just got my copy of Sketches by Silver today from SilverToons.com

It's probably the best production value out of all the sketchbooks (I think I have around a dozen all told?) that I have in my small sketchbook collection.

For $15 AND a nice hardcover jacket, it's a heck of a lot better than the cheap and cheesy Kinko's jobs that most artists produce for comic book conventions! It's also a fundamentally cheaper and more accessible way to get into the style and groove of the artist who did the character designs for Kim Possible and Danny Phantom. The art reproduction is so good you see the crinkles in the original paper of the art being reproduced. It's a glossy but not too harshly glossy paper that captures the colors and smears of the original art, too... Again, this is NOT library photocopier-quality art reproduction! This is BETTER quality than that overpriced Mary Blair book Hyperion released around 2 years ago...

I had to wait a bit longer for copy (Silver ran out of copies and had to wait for the printer to get him more -- and he also didn't get the first e-mail I sent him about my order), but it was worth the wait. (Don't tell him I said -- I might have to wait longer for my next order! LOL)

FYI, Mr. Silver also has a newer sketchbook for sale ($10) as well as first larger hardcover collection ($40).

When I've got the dough, I'm definitely getting the other books!

impregnable

Post by impregnable » September 4th, 2005, 8:37 pm

Tool that lets you scan for open proxies including HTTP and Socks proxies.

http://www.checkproxy.net