The Amazing Race

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

The Amazing Race

Post by Dan » February 9th, 2016, 1:09 pm

I wasn't sure if this would be something that could be noted on the front page, so I'm at least posting it here and maybe get an opinion on it.

The forthcoming season of The Amazing Race (starting this Friday) will consist of pairs in which one member on each team is some form of Internet celebrity. The most notable pair is dating couple and co-workers Burnie Burns and Ashley Jenkins.

Burnie co-founded Rooster Teeth, which exploded from a simple web site into a full-blown production studio as a result of the success of their machinima series Red vs. Blue. The studio would go on to produce what has become a hugely-popular anime-inspired series RWBY. Both Red vs. Blue and RWBY have proven popular enough to be streamed on Netflix.

Jenkins, a professional gamer, joined the company and is main host of their news division The Know. She has also done voice work on Rooster Teeth shows including animated programs RWBY and X-Ray & Vav.

I wasn't sure about having it noted on the front page because, while Rooster Teeth does produce a couple animated shows, they're more known for their podcasts and Red vs. Blue, although RWBY has definitely grown in stature.

AV Team
AV Team

Re: The Amazing Race

Post by Dacey » February 9th, 2016, 3:36 pm

Wait, The Amazing Race is still a thing?

Joking aside, this probably isn't "animated" enough to make the front page, so good call. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Team
AV Team

Re: The Amazing Race

Post by Dan » February 9th, 2016, 3:45 pm

Even the move to Friday hasn't hampered the show's continued success all that much apparently. :lol:

Team Rooster Teeth is the only couple I've found that had any sort of relation to animation, but I just wasn't sure the company profile was "animated" enough for front page recognition. Thanks for the opinion.

A funny thing for this season, aside from every team having an internet celebrity, is that the race starts with the teams leaving home first and then racing to the actual starting point in Mexico. No doubt poking fun at the idea that these celebrities work from home.