Tom & Jerry

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Tom and Jerry CGI commercial

Post by ShyViolet » October 19th, 2006, 2:47 pm

I'm posting this separately because it's just so darn strange (via Cartoon Brew)

It's a Tom and Jerry commercial for milk or something, in CGI. And, oh yeah--It's in Hebrew! :P

http://www.devilducky.com/media/52292/

(BTW, in case you were wondering the word on the milk carton that Jerry holds (and the plastic bag that Tom Holds) says "Shoko" or Chocolate Milk.) :wink:

I haven't actually watched it yet (I'm in a computer terminal with no sound availabilitly) but when I do I'll try to translate! :)

(I guess I really should have put this under the "Disney + Scary" thread. My bad. Feel free to move!)
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 19th, 2006, 3:07 pm

Hmm, that actually didn't look as bad as I thought it would. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » October 19th, 2006, 3:49 pm

*Gasp* I never thought I see the day :roll: well at least its not in the US.....yet :wink:

I think they need to stop reviving Tom & Jerry already. I'm a huge fan :shock: but there ruining my memories :(

I stretch this more because of the new show based on it T&J entitled "Tom & Jerry Tales" its just medicore and plain bad. There isn't as much voilence and episodes feel meh!

I can literally picture another cartoon in the show, such as Porky Pig or Daffy. Funny that it has Joseph Barbara and it still doesn't 'feel' like the originals. If only Bill Hanna was still around :(

Sorry for the mini rant :P

But see, I don't like everything :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 19th, 2006, 11:17 pm

Just FYI: the gist of the commercial is that the brand of milk/chocolate milk is going from plastic bags to cartons. "Still drinking with plastic bags? Try cartons!"

In Israel for many years (and also in my memory) instead of milk cartons kids had little see-through plastic bags with milk inside. You just stuck a straw through it. But I guess they've always been kinda hard to open (as the commercial showed) so now they're giving you another option. :) "Mini cartons, choco/banana" With vitamin D. (said exactly the same way :P )

I also love how at the breakfast table there's an British-style/Israeli egg holder with a (soft boiled) egg on top. That started in Europe and got transferred to Israel. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » October 20th, 2006, 6:40 am

Looks more like Tom And Jerry Kids!

Jerry's model wasn't half bad, actually, but the timing was waaaay off. The sound was going hyperactive when nothing much was happening on screen!

Not as bad as it could have been, but not great either. Nice find though Vi. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » October 20th, 2006, 3:06 pm

No prob! :)

Also, the last word on the screen with the white background is "Tarah" the name of the company! :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Two shorts missing from Tom & Jerry Spotlight 3

Post by SupremeBlisseyFan » September 11th, 2007, 3:51 pm

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=8048

Warner Home Video has announced that two previously-announced-shorts-"Mouse Cleaning" and "Casanova Cat"-will be left off of the final "Tom & Jerry Spotlight Collection" volume.

I think the reason given is B.S., because other shorts in the two previous "Spotlight Collections" have content similar to that which precluded the above-mentioned shorts from being on this set.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 11th, 2007, 4:41 pm

Agreed. When I read about this yesterday, I was so dissapointed at the reason given. I mean, after the problems of Vol 1 & 2, you think they would redeem themselves with the last one, but I guess that was just false hope.

I really do believe someone messed up, and that's why we got this silly announcement the day before it came out. Because yes, by all means, don't make it a "complete" set, because the content of those two cartoons, far exceeds anything we've seen on previous Tom & Jerry sets! :roll:

Such a shame... :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 11th, 2007, 4:46 pm

More reasons why the T&J collections have gone totally missed by me and I have stuck to my original LD collections.

I was somewhat interested in this for "The Karate Guard" new short and a mystery featurette, but it has yet to come in for review here.

Ahh well...

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » September 11th, 2007, 11:28 pm

Just laaaaaaame. Like Ben, I've stuck to my laserdiscs for this series. Warner botched every single volume. Such a shame!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 12th, 2007, 12:50 am

Ben wrote:I was somewhat interested in this for "The Karate Guard" new short
And here it is:

edit: seems like the user doesn't allow embedding so you'll have to go watch it over at youtube headquarters.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 12th, 2007, 1:22 am

Ooooh, I remember that! CN aired it a year or two ago. A very funny karate episode, and one that feels lifted from the classics! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 12th, 2007, 6:59 am

It's certainly better then the "new adventures" but it isn't anywhere near the classics.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 12th, 2007, 7:35 am

Thanks J!

The only real reason I was interested, and my interest has been quenched!

Interesting short...perhaps the first time Michael Giacchino - who I didn't know did the music - has disappointed, not only being nothing special, but a little out of whack for a T&J short - it felt more like a Chuck Jones era score, with way too much Mickey Mousing. I liked the WB opening, replicating the MGM look (maybe they should have gone for a generic T&J title plate though...the shield feels wrong there), but it sure seemed light on ideas. It had none of the energy of the old shorts, the timing was off, and the jokes recycled.

About half way through I felt I had watched a much longer short. It was better animated than the T&J Tales show, of which I could only watch a couple, but it just felt so <I>long</I>. It's a toss up as to whether it's better or worse than "The Mansion Cat", which was previously the "last" big deal T&J cartoon, made in 2000. That one was the basis of the TV show, I think, but the characters are way off model. It has more life than "Karate Guard" though, I think, and the designs are more skewed in that 1950s limited way.

"Karate Guard" surely looked more like a classic, 1940s T&J, but they'll never recapture that zany, anything goes spirit.

So glad I've been able to see this (I never thought of YouTube and don't usually look on there for copyrighted material), but as a result I've knocked the Volume 3 set off my order list at Amazon...if it comes in here for review, great, but if not, then that's great too! ;)

Thanks again for the link. :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 12th, 2007, 4:29 pm

I don't believe I've actually watched "The Mansion Cat". Heh.

About what I said earlier, perhaps I should've been more clear. From the new movies I've seen, and Tom and Jerry Tales, this feels more like the classics to me. Not exacly like it, but a little more faithful nonetheless.

I'm really anxious for the release of
Tom and Jerry: A Nutcracker Tale though; since its the last T&J movie Joe Barbera ever worked on.