Avenger New anime and manga coming to japan.

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Avenger New anime and manga coming to japan.

Post by gaastra » February 28th, 2017, 8:27 am

Marvel is bringing the avengers back to anime again plus a manga!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02/27 ... anga-week/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Avenger New anime and manga coming to japan.

Post by EricJ » February 28th, 2017, 5:01 pm

So, IOW, they're teaming them up with kids-anime Wendy & Marvin...er, Ash & Misty sidekicks, because Japan doesn't KNOW who the Marvel characters are and has no one else for Japanese kids to identify with. They have enough trouble with DC's Batman and Superman, or, FTM, the whole Western comic-book ethic of super-capes going out to stop crime in the streets.

The "Again" refers to the anime previously done for "Disk Wars", a a sort of hybrid Pokemon/Pog game (am I too old?) that had a series attached for game marketing.
And even then, the trans-Pacific interpretations of the Avengers characters was a little...unique. (Since the MCU Ant-Man movie hadn't hit yet, they had no idea who Janet Van Dyne was, so the Disk Wars version of Wasp kept up her end of the game battles with "Animal powers"...Whatever those were.)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by LimbAmbir » August 24th, 2021, 10:12 am

The Japanese culture itself is very special. This is so because it has been preserved from wars with other nations, so it has remained in its own culture with its customs. That's why for us Japan is very different from any other country. And I'm glad you marvels understand that anime culture is very widespread. It would be interesting for Japan to get to know the Marvel Universe, and it's also interesting for us because my friends and I often find ourselves in the weebquiz anime. And before we always guessed only characters from Japanese anime, now our favorite characters will join them. It would be cool if we have someone to keep us company and newcomers will be interesting.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » August 24th, 2021, 9:04 pm

Japan "has been preserved from wars with other nations"---?!?

Whoa, there. Someone REALLY needs to read some history, and not just World War II.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_w ... ving_Japan

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » August 25th, 2021, 4:14 pm

He's from the Shinzo Abe era, pre-Hiroshima WWII never happened. :roll:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by O_V59 » August 31st, 2021, 5:25 am

Well, he said that Japan has been preserved from wars with other nations, not that other nations have been preserved from wars with Japan... I'll always be left wondering how Japan managed not to get branded as hard as Germany as a country that unleashed fascist wars of aggression on the world after WW2. Italy's case is understandable as it didn't commit massive genocide like Germany or Japan and because it switched sides in 1943, but Japan?

Still, I should see where the project went since 2017.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by BobTeu » November 19th, 2021, 7:43 am

But still, Anime fans aren't fit into this combination of marvel and Japanese culture, because the Anime series is unique to watch. Hope to see something great.