Buddy Thunderstruck (Netflix)

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Buddy Thunderstruck (Netflix)

Post by droosan » March 17th, 2017, 5:58 pm

This 12-episode stop-motion series premiered on Netflix last week. It's a lot of fun! :)

As the trailer implies, the show is a mixture of Talladega Nights, Smokey & The Bandit and The Dukes Of Hazzard .. with a liberal dash of Homestar Runner, for humorous seasoning..! :lol:

There are two separate stories per episode, each of which is a self-contained storyline built around a common 'TV trope' (which is often mercilessly lampooned, due to Buddy's 'thick-headed' nature). There are also a few story 'arcs' which progress throughout the show ..though, there's also a bunch of 'reset' gags (such as town landmarks which are spectacularly destroyed in one episode, only to be intact in the next). The cast of characters is small, but remarkably well-realized over the course of series.

The stop-motion animation is by Stoopid Buddy, creators of Robot Chicken. The design and animation is quite polished by comparison with RC .. and lends itself well to the (hopefully!) inevitable toys and playsets based on the show. :mrgreen:

There is a definite implication in the final episode of further adventures to be had, in a second season .. so, here's hoping the series does well. I certainly enjoyed it! 8)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Buddy Thunderstruck (Netflix)

Post by Randall » March 18th, 2017, 2:42 am

Thanks for the recommend. I'll add it to my 100-title strong list of shows to catch on Netflix.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Buddy Thunderstruck (Netflix)

Post by Nordim » August 12th, 2017, 2:20 am

This looks fun, is it on the UK netflix because I can't seem to find it.