Rumor Mill: Star Trek the Animated Series on 9/6

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
GeorgeC

Rumor Mill: Star Trek the Animated Series on 9/6

Post by GeorgeC » June 13th, 2005, 11:56 pm

TheDigitalBits.com Rumor Mill section for Monday drops word that Star Trek: The Animated Series is tentatively scheduled for released on September 6th this year.

Reserve your copies when it's official and set phasers for stun!

P.S. -- No plans to get this series myself. I saw it around 10 years ago last time and I was NOT impressed. The Original Star Trek is by far the best of all the series, MOVIES INCLUDED! Now, I'm just waiting for Paramount and other companies to wake up and reduce the prices on their outrageously overpriced TV series like Star Trek.

These shows are just not worth $100 a season and it rankles me that newer shows are being released for less than $50 a season while old shows stay on the shelves at inflated prices...!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 14th, 2005, 7:58 am

Agreed.

As for me, I'm up for Trek: TOS, plus TAS and the eventual boxed set of the ten movie SEs.

But those prices are putting off casual buyers. I'm waiting until TOS comes down in price, and hopefully the movies and TAS won't be too much.

I think they know TAS is an "acquired taste" even for fans, so they may price this reasonably.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 14th, 2005, 12:57 pm

The Original Star Trek is by far the best of all the series, MOVIES INCLUDED!
Totally agree. My favorite Futurama episode is when they brought back almost all the original cast in that episode when all the ST actors were marooned on this planet. (Except for Nimoy who was just a head in a glass jar)

The words "Star Trek" were outlawed and all the episodes were beamed to a faraway planet because a few centuries back ST fanboys decided to take over the world. :roll:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!