Disney Removes Louis C.K. from Gravity Falls

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Team
AV Team

Disney Removes Louis C.K. from Gravity Falls

Post by Dacey » December 24th, 2017, 12:53 am

I don't want to be terrible or anything, but does anyone else think this might be a bit...much?

I mean what does this mean for whenever Disney Channel shows A Bug's Life again? *insert Christopher Plummer joke here*

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/di ... le-w514638
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Re: Disney Removes Louis C.K. from Gravity Falls

Post by Ben » December 24th, 2017, 4:17 pm

To be fair, it’s just a couple of guest spots on a couple of TV episodes, not like a major recurring character or anything.

The bigger obstacle is Spacey in Bug's Life, but then again that film seems to have faded from view anyhoo. I’d expect them not to play it up too much except for when they do any Pixar retrospectives, and then look for Spacey's role to be downplayed anyway, alongside...um...the involvement of...er...a certain Pixar founder...

However...if we were to start altering or removing pieces of commercial art because they included someone with less than stellar moral values then most of the last century of popular screen fiction would have to be taken off the shelve!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 31st, 2018, 5:04 pm

A Bug's Life was shown on Disney Junior last Sunday, so apparently this is no longer an issue of concern for Disney?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » January 31st, 2018, 6:52 pm

To be honest, I'd bet it wasn't Disney. Alex Hirsch is very... "politically active" online and I wouldn't be surprised if he personally pushed for this. Meaning Disney has no intention of doing this with other properties.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » January 31st, 2018, 7:21 pm

Hirsch was apparently told by Disney to re-do the voice or they would stop airing the series of episodes Louis C.K. was in.