Legend of the Three Caballeros Cartoon coming soon!

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Legend of the Three Caballeros Cartoon coming soon!

Post by gaastra » June 28th, 2018, 10:51 am

First three episodes have aired overseas in English but Donald and the three Caballeros are in a new ducktales type show along with daisy's nieces april, may, and june from the carl barks comics!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Legend of the Three Caballeros Cartoon coming soon!

Post by gaastra » June 28th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Intro.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » June 28th, 2018, 4:33 pm

There's a lot of complaint about "Why isn't Disney showing this in the US?", and I'm still clinging to the theory that Disney's saving this for a streaming exclusive, when (if?) they get that imitation-Netflix service of their own going.
Which means they'll probably be following Netflix's idea that a series "has" to be in a complete season package before streaming, so that we can all binge it like happy lil' Millennials. :roll:

Still, it looks pretty darn good, both as a DuckTales fan (better than that spastic cable-corrupted reboot, anyway), and as a loyal Three Caballeros fan still trying to get folks to watch the original.
They even got the characters down pat from the original 40's movies--In Jose's case, he's still the motormouthed Rio ladies-man, and o que teria sido tão fácil em uma piada padrão com uma piada, mas eles tiveram tempo e dificuldade para prestar atenção, or, as you Americans say, "Nice job."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » June 28th, 2018, 5:37 pm

The animation quality does look really nice .. reminds me of A Goofy Movie. :) I'll definitely keep an eye out for this..!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » June 28th, 2018, 8:53 pm

:shock:

Hey, I like it! Mucho likey!

I'm a BIG fan of these characters, and of course Carl Barks. (The 3 Cabs sequels that Don Rosa did in the comics are wonderful, too.) Yes, this may be held back for the proposed streaming service, which I can only hope will be available in Canada.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dan » June 28th, 2018, 10:50 pm

Haven't watched it yet, but I did manage to get a hold of the first episode. Does look pretty good.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 29th, 2018, 5:41 am

OMG...this could be the best Disney show since the original DuckTales!

Loving the animation...yes, not as fluid as the 1944 film, natch, but on par with the better DTV stuff, and close to the likes of secondary features such as A Goofy Movie, and the designs are nigh-on perfect.

It did make me wonder how long Anselmo can keep going, though! Crazy cool he still gets to do this so prolifically, but sure he must be getting on a little now?

BTW, the first episode, and subsequent ones, can be found here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jzSeNuMLHgc

My guess is that this is stealthily being rolled out to create buzz and will be a big part of the DisneyLife type streaming service they launch next year in the US. Hopefully they’ll expand the current UK version too, to include the newer exclusive content that they initially promised, as it’d be great to download these!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 1st, 2018, 9:53 am

My son and I watched the first couple eps on YouTube last night. Pretty good. Nice use of the characters. It has potential for sure.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 1st, 2018, 3:34 pm

Randall wrote:My son and I watched the first couple eps on YouTube last night. Pretty good. Nice use of the characters. It has potential for sure.
Looks like they're using the old fashioned 80's DuckTales/Rescue Rangers "Week-long 5-episode pilot" system, for markets where they still show cartoons on afternoon TV five days a week. (sniffle! :cry: )

That would explain why we had Ep. 1 almost 90% devoted to spastic House of Mouse-era cable-toon Donald gags, and the Aztec goddess shows up in literally the last minute to start the plot going.
That was my only complaint that kept it from being Best Disney Afternoon Show Ever (smile when you say that to Aladdin: the Series, friend), but again, even for their new-animator gags--we know the Araquan bird will be Official Comedy-Relief--they've got a good enough handle on the classic lore that it should pick up quickly from here.

...Now, when ARE we getting that DisneyFlix, so I can finally drop my old Netflix? I've already been spending all spring purging my remaining queue.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 1st, 2018, 4:58 pm

I think it's very unlikely they're going for five episodes a week. TV budgets today simply don't allow for that to happen.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 1st, 2018, 5:02 pm

The scoop:

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/internet-te ... 61096.html

I figured maybe this was airing first in Latin America, but nope. It's only in The Philippines! And yes, it's on a streaming app, Disneylife.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by EricJ » July 1st, 2018, 9:11 pm

Dacey wrote:I think it's very unlikely they're going for five episodes a week. TV budgets today simply don't allow for that to happen.
I didn't say they were going for ANY episodes a week, at least not in this country. Sadly, strip syndication was killed off sometime in the early 00's by Cartoon Network, Nick, Dr. Phil and CW/Fox.
As for what Disney Channel/X-D still does on afternoon cable (which is why they're branching out into streaming), that's their affair. Seems to be more of a push to resurrect the Disney Afternoon vibe, since the future's not in Gravity Falls.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 2nd, 2018, 6:27 am

Of course, reruns for old TV shows and cartoons happen five days a week, so this will likely end up playing like that in the end. And if they do hold it back in the US for the streaming service then it’ll probably be dumped in one go for binge watching... :(

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » July 2nd, 2018, 11:46 am

As this was stealthily produced a while ago, and they apparently only have 13 episodes, I'd say that syndication is unlikely. This will likely stick to streaming, or maybe show up on DVD.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » July 3rd, 2018, 3:40 pm

Sort of related, but with DisneyToons closing, does Disney have any TV animation studios left anymore?

I mean I thought that they were behind shows like Neverland Pirates and The Lion Guard because of how great those shows looked, but it turns out both of them were done by something called Mercury Animation. Color me impressed. They captured the Disney look so well that I swore the Mouse House was responsible...

So I'm assuming DisneyToons (the Australian studio back in the day) stopped doing traditional animation with Cinderella III then?
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."