Re: The New Spongebob Episodes

Post by Meg » June 10th, 2005, 9:27 pm

disney wrote:8) The new spongebob episodes are:
Fear of a Krabby Patty / Shell of a Man
Krabs Vs. Plankton / The Lost Mattress
Skill Crane / Good Neighbor

Post Something! My spongebob site is
Spongybob
Welcome to the forums, disney. I hope the new Spongebob episodes are cool!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 10th, 2005, 10:36 pm

Let's hope disney sticks about and isn't just spamming us with their website plug! ;)

GeorgeC

SpongeBob SquarePants

Post by GeorgeC » October 29th, 2005, 9:22 am

Since the fourth season of episodes started airing, I've noticed a change in SpongeBob's voice.

Is Tom Kenny still doing the show, or did the voice get recast? SpongeBob just doesn't sound the same as he did in the first 3 seasons and the movie!

The stories and characterizations are still great in Season 4, but the change in the main character's voice is a bit off-putting.

P.S. -- Yep, that's right. SpongeBob has only had 3 complete Seasons so far! The third season got stretched with special "lost episode" premieres in prime-time out to make momentum for the movie so people wouldn't get bored.

The strategy worked!

SpongeBob is BY FAR the most popular animated series Nick has ever had.

No question is has long since displaced Ren & Stimpy as the most iconic Nick cartoon thus far, period.

To me at least, SpongeBob is a LOT more palatable and easier to watch period. It also has far fewer episodes that just STINK unlike R & S.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 29th, 2005, 1:33 pm

Ren & Stimpy lost alot of it's luster when Spumco stopped doing them.

Spongebob is amazing. I remember watching Rocko, Angry Beavers, R&S, old school Rugrats... And they don't have these awesome shows on anymore.

Angry Beavers was the funniest nicktoon EVER. I'm so glad that Spongebob came along to pick up pretty much the same amount of humor.

Nickelodeon more or less sucks anymore. The only good animated thing on that network next to Spongebob is Danny Phantom. I admit to completely being pulled into that show. The tv movies they do are awesome. The only LIVE action show that is worth watching on there is Drake and Josh. This new all that cast is stupid as hell. The amanda show... well I just can't look at a stick women the entire time.

Zoey 101 and unfabulous? WHAT?! What happened to are you afraid of the dark? Legends of the hidden temple? Nick Arcade? what was that show that took place in a high school? I can't remeber that show's name for the life of me. AND they cancell Invader Zim. That show was great, especially since every episode was as thematic as a movie.

Oh um oh yeah. Spongebob rulez.

Kinda got off on a rant there...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 29th, 2005, 4:16 pm

Macaluso wrote: Nickelodeon more or less sucks anymore. The only good animated thing on that network next to Spongebob is Danny Phantom. I admit to completely being pulled into that show. The tv movies they do are awesome. The only LIVE action show that is worth watching on there is Drake and Josh.
Ditto. I get really into Danny Phantom for some reason (probably because it reminds me of Spider-Man). My sister, though, is like...obsessed.

Drake and Josh is funny! I enjoy watching it.

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 29th, 2005, 11:39 pm

Um, yeah... Those replies REALLY answered the question I had asked! :shock: :roll:

But seriously, can we stay on topic and stop diverging so much?

I'm the KING of getting off-track myself and even I get annoyed when I do it, too! :wink:

Seriously, has anybody else noticed how SpongeBob's voice CHANGED this past season? I'll look closely at the credits the next time a new episode airs in prime-time but I'd almost suspect somebody else (other than Tom Kenny) is doing SpongeBob's voice now.

It sure doesn't sound the way it used to...

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Meg » October 30th, 2005, 8:37 am

I haven't seen the new episodes, so...Nope. Don't know.

Wow. Was that helpful or what?

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 30th, 2005, 2:12 pm

I just saw a commercial for a new episode (I haven't seen any new episodes since the movie since my schedule has been conflicting with it), and from what I heard of spongebob's voice, it doesn't sound any different to me.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » October 30th, 2005, 5:55 pm

Mwhahahahahahahaha! Spongebob's voice is insane!

I don't really know the show. I saw the movie and loved it, but I don't really know the show.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

GeorgeC

Post by GeorgeC » October 30th, 2005, 11:10 pm

There's definitely a difference in SpongeBob's voice Fourth Season. I can DEFINITELY hear it.

It's like listening to Bugs Bunny from 1943 and then listening to Bugs in 1991.

They may sound CLOSE to many people, but to me it's two different people.

It could very well be Tom Kenny is still doing the voice, but it sure sounds like his vocal cords changed or got damaged. The pitch isn't quite the same.

The other explanation could be that the audio engineers for Season 4 are NOT the same guys who did the first three seasons and the movie.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » October 31st, 2005, 12:50 am

Well I doubt very much they wouldn't be using Tom Kenny.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 1st, 2005, 5:25 pm

As far as I know, there is no new voice. But again, I don't really know the show.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re:Is it just me, or is Spongebob's voice DIFFERENT?

Post by SingingDuckGirl » November 2nd, 2005, 11:24 pm

I'll cry if Tom Kenny doesn't do Spongebob's voice anymore. I, like, love Tom Kenny. You guys have no idea. I like, made a complete fool of myself in the theater when he made a cameo in Sky High. It was great. So, I haven't seen spongebob in a long time. I really haven't watched any TV since the semester started. I thought they weren't making any new episodes, so I am surprised at a new season. Besides the voice, are the new episodes still good? I've yet to see an episode I didn't enjoy.
Dad-Gum!