SpongeBob SquarePants

Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » February 22nd, 2008, 8:41 am

Really? Squidward was great! Pearl reminded me too much of Fiona (yeah, from Shrek) the dragon jellyfish was funny. XD
[img]http://i43.tinypic.com/bfqbtk.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » February 28th, 2008, 8:22 pm

Just an FYI, all new episodes of SpongeBob next week (March 3-7) at 5:00PM.

Oh Nick. ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 4th, 2008, 8:13 am

Oh :D.
THQ are making a new SpongeBob called SpongeBob:Drawn To Life,here's the IGN page:
http://ds.ign.com/objects/142/14238120.html

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » March 4th, 2008, 8:16 pm

Looks cool, and it's based on one of my favorite episodes.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Once Upon A Dream » March 5th, 2008, 6:00 am

Yeah,that episode was great :D thought i think Atlantis SquarePanties is a better game since you actually play as SpongeBob and others,not drawning with them :P.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Spongebob is doraemon

Post by gaastra » March 19th, 2008, 9:15 pm

Looks like the va for spongebob will voice doraemon in the american dub of Nobita and the Green Giant Legend.

The film will be realeased by columbia pictures and will be the first time doraemon was released in america!

here's two links.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doraemon#US_licensing

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0492657/

plus
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1180304/

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Re: Spongebob is doraemon

Post by EricJ » March 20th, 2008, 2:25 am

gaastra wrote:Looks like the va for spongebob will voice doraemon in the american dub of Nobita and the Green Giant Legend.

The film will be realeased by columbia pictures and will be the first time doraemon was released in america!
Um.. :shock: if they mean theatrical release, I'm guessing this was some contractual obligation with the Japanese studio, a la "Princess Mononoke"--

Doraemon fan though I may be, I'm guessing he's not going to be an easy sell to mainstream audiences cold...There is a lot of explanation necessary.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by gaastra » March 26th, 2008, 12:58 pm

Va cast revealed.

"On March 8, the latest film in the Doraemon franchise (Nobita and the Green Giant Legend 2008) was released in Japan. According to Wikipedia, the film is being dubbed into English and will be released in the US in December 2008. Also being reported is that Tom Kenny (the voice of SpongeBob SquarePants) will be providing the voice for Doraemon. Also, according to Wikipedia, providing voices for the English dub are: Zach Tyler Eisen (voice of Aang in Avatar: The Last Airbender), Jack DeSena (voice of Sokka in Avatar: The Last Airbender), Debi Derryberry (the voice of Jimmy Neutron, as well as a voice on Zatch Bell!), Jeff Garcia (the voice of Sheen on Jimmy Neutron), April Stewart (who has done voices on South Park and El Tigre), Rob Paulsen (voice of Raphael in the 80's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series, Yakko Warner on Animaniacs and Pinky from Pinky and the Brain), Lara Jill Miller (who had provided voices for Digimon and Zatch Bell!), Megan Cavanagh (voice of Judy Neutron in Jimmy Neutron), Mark DeCarlo (the voice of Hugh Neutron in Jimmy Neutron), Doug Lawrence (the voice of Plankton on SpongeBob SquarePants), Mona Marshall (she has done voices for Bleach, Chobits, Cowboy Bebop, Noein, and other anime), Jessie Flower (the voice of Toph in Avatar: The Last Airbender), and Crawford Wilson (the voice of Jet from Avatar: The Last Airbender)."

Looks like the film will be out in December.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by droosan » October 14th, 2009, 6:44 pm

Apparently, Spongebob Squarepants will be marrying Sandy Cheeks in a star-studded special episode on November 6th .. :o

TV Squad - Spongebob is Getting Married

Entertainment Weekly - First Look at Spongebob's Wedding

Whether this wedding is an 'imaginary story' / 'cop-out' in the vein of the recent Archie & Veronica wedding -- or a permanent change which will affect all future episodes of the show -- is not entirely clear.

edit: actually, according to the EW article linked above, the episode will be set in the distant future .. and the wedding will be referenced as a 'flashback'. So, apparently, the event will be considered 'future canon', but will not actually affect (immediate) future episodes. :idea:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Zach » October 17th, 2009, 12:10 pm

Yes. This is the hour long SpongeBob's Truth or Square television movie.

I think it will be really interesting to see flashbacks with footage we've never seen before.

I'm interested to see if the Krabby Patty formula is revealed. :wink:

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 5th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Tomorrow is the big day... when all will be revealed!

Actually, I heard a rumor and it sounds plausible:
Apparently, the "wedding" was just a play
Makes sense if you think about. In the commercials it's just Mr. Krabs who's surprised... If it doesn't turn out to be the case, well, it's no weirder than the show in general. Lest we forget Plankton dating Mr. Krabs mom! (I seem to recall that episode being her first appearance with a new voice, ugh! Not a fan. At least before she sounded related, now all of sudden she's Scottish!?)

Speaking of voices, in the commercials SpongeBob's voice sounded more lower pitched. For post movie episodes, anyway. When I heard one from a far, for a split second I thought it was clip from the first seasons. It was nice, sounded more natural and not like he's screaming all the time. If the commercial aren't misleading, it's about time they let Tom tone it down! For that alone, it will make the movie all the more special. :)

Here's hoping they do reveal the secret krabby patty formula. I can't remember how many times we've gotten close only to be tricked, or in the case of "Training Video" cut off! ;)

My prediction, the wedding will either be what I have spoiled above, or as Droo put it "imaginary". I can't fathom it really happening, no matter what. Although who could forget: "We could be tighter than barker on a tree" :D

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 5th, 2009, 11:44 pm

I'm going to have to choose between watching this special and "Clone Wars." They're both on at the same time, and we don't have Tivo at my house.
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 5th, 2009, 11:52 pm

Nick will be airing encores on Saturday and Sunday. (supposedly twice each day!*) :)

*more if you have east and west Nick!

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » November 8th, 2009, 12:00 am

Thanks for the head up, Daniel. :) Unfortunately, I didn't see this post until late last night, so I ended up watching the special thinking that it might be my only chance for a while. ;)

Pretty funny show, actually. So long as you accept that it's not a movie as it's been promoted and more of just a tenth aniversary celebration of all things SpongeBob. Best bit from the whole evening was probably "the very old Spongebob clip," the one that was meant to look like an old 30s cartoon. :)
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » November 8th, 2009, 8:49 am

I liked the 50's style Krusty Krab commercial