Small Screen Specials, Series and Direct-To-Video
AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Sullivan » November 18th, 2005, 8:20 pm

It's still Tom.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Bambi » November 20th, 2005, 7:38 pm

Southpark on MTV changed they are not as funny as before. And cartman´s voice has changed
I got "twitterpated" by Faline...
[img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/bambidude/BAMBISIGMetallica.jpg[/img]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » November 20th, 2005, 8:08 pm

South Park on any other channel besides comedy central sucks, since they cut out things.

And Cartman's voice hasn't change, per say. It's just gotten less irritating, honestly. It used to be this really gratting voice from the bottom of the throat (this is the best I can explain it), now it sounds much better, but it's still his basic voice. Plus, it's the same voice actor.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » April 25th, 2006, 2:02 am

I was just thinking about his voice recently! It IS different to me. It might still be Tom Kenny, but I'm not 100% sure. I hope it is.

BTW, did anyone know that Tom Kenny is a voice for someone in Meet the Robinsons? :D

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » April 25th, 2006, 3:16 am

I watched a new episode recently.

I do NOT hear the difference you people are hearing at all. He sounds exactly the same.

And yes, it is still Tom Kenny.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

I noticed the voice change....

Post by Bogspores » May 18th, 2006, 8:33 pm

To the post starter:

I have noticed the change exactly like you did....I have a knack for voices and faces, and the voice is very different than the first 3 seasons....

In fact, the reason I'm posting here, is for this very reason!.....I just finished viewing a season 4 episode, and decided to "Google" for any info regarding the voice change.....which brought me here!.....

You're not crazy, the voice IS different......It probably is Tom Kenny, but he sounds different....I could easily tell the difference between 1-3 and Season 4....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

SB Voice Change

Post by hippychikn » May 19th, 2006, 9:17 pm

I feel better now! I also Googled to find out because the voice change was driving me nuts. I can't even describe it, does it sound strained? I'm just glad I'm not the only one who hears it! And my sister told me I was crazy....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

SpongBob Voice Change sounds weird now

Post by Bogspores » May 20th, 2006, 10:47 am

Yep, we're not crazy....."Something" is definately different about his "new" voice....

I've noticed some people are simply better at face/voice recognition than others....

I drive my wife crazy by naming voice actors during commercials, cartoons, etc....

Hopefully, the truth will surface....

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

...a change in SpongeBob's voice

Post by BrerLapin » July 6th, 2006, 8:21 pm

I just happened to tune in to SpongeBob today and am absolutely noticing a change in his voice. The pair of episodes is Ghost Host and Chimps Ahoy...

His voice is definitely changed from previous episodes...who can get to the bottom of this??

:?:

I "googled" for an answer and found this site/thread where others seem to notice as well... hmmmm...

I'll be watching this topic to see what's up!

Cheers!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

SpongeBob voice change

Post by Bogspores » July 6th, 2006, 8:51 pm

You're not alone!.....

Now that more people have noticed the change, I'd like another response from someone "in the know" as the reason why?......

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member
Location: I'd rather be way out there beyond this hidden town, Barnaby.

Post by PixarVixen » July 6th, 2006, 9:36 pm

It's possible that while Spongebob's voice has changed, it still belongs to Tom Kenny. This has happened in other cartoons.

Take South Park for example. Cartman's voice used to be higher and whinier (well, it's always whiny), but over time, it became a little deeper. And all these years, he's been voiced by Trey Parker.

~~=oP
[img]http://i539.photobucket.com/albums/ff356/PixarVixen/sigs/SyndromeOlympictoss.jpg[/img]
[b]I ♥ Tony Rydinger[/b]
[size=75]avatar by Robert Iza[/size]

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Confirmed

Post by kwahamot » July 8th, 2006, 5:33 pm

I thought it was just me. I think his voice sounds "older" as if he's going through puberty. Maybe Tom Kenny started smoking or something. Anyway, this last season hasn't been as funny as the others. I think the creative staff had a falling out with Nickelodeon during the third season...probably over wages... which was the real reason behind the lull in new episodes then. I suspect that a few of the Spongebob comedy writers must have been replaced because it's lost some of it's subtle/cutting-edge humor and sophistication. But even the animation/audio/score seems a little more run of the mill.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2006, 2:50 am

Thought you guys might like to know that Best Buy is having a special in which purchasing any Nickelodeon DVD will provide a free Spongebob Squarepants plush.
BestBuy.com wrote:SPONGEBOB BEANIE BABY™ CHARACTER
(Reg. $6.99)
FREE WITH THE PURCHASE OF ANY NICKELODEON DVD*
thru Nov 22

BEST BUY EXCLUSIVE

Patrick available this week.

*New Beanie Baby™ character available each week. Your purchase supports Toys for Teens. Beanie Baby™ characters available while supplies last. Buy the plush for $6.99, $1 goes to Toys for Teens. Buy 1 DVD, get the plush for FREE, $2 goes to Toys for Teens. Buy 2 DVDs, get the plush for FREE, $5 goes to Toys for Teens. Buy 3 DVDs, get the plush for FREE, $ 7 goes to Toys for Teens. Offer applies only to select DVDs. ©2006 Ty Inc. Oakbrook, Illinois.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » November 20th, 2006, 2:52 pm

Thanks Mickey!

I saw the promotion yesterday in the paper and thought what a great deal! Buy a dvd, and get a free beanie!

I'll see if I'm able to buy anything this week, and get my free beanie ;)

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » November 20th, 2006, 3:59 pm

Daniel Jake wrote:Thanks Mickey!
You're welcome! :)