The incredibly cool online animation thread

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 27th, 2007, 5:25 pm

I love this piece...haven't seen it since my JB tape also, Vi!

Ahh yes, the proper WDFA logo...now that says something! I don't see the Sleeping Beauty links in the concepts though...those are quite finalized and they seem to have more of a connection with the Ichabod sequence in The Adventures Of Ichabod And Mr Toad - indeed, the Brom Bones sequence at the end is a dead ringer for Gaston's opening lines of Kill The Beast.

Yep, she sings "He's Our Guest" as Belle's father was the original person they were singing this too, right up until shortly before the work in progress cut was screened in Noo Yoik. This trailer came out almost a year before B&TB premiered so they hadn't made that switch yet.

I thought JK stood up quite well...he obviously wasn't used to doing such pieces to camera and was still finding his feet as the confident salesman we know today.

Lovely clip though...I hate that when a "definitive" DVD set comes out that we don't get <I>all</I> the related material for the movie, especially of-their-time material like this.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 27th, 2007, 10:15 pm

I thought JK stood up quite well...he obviously wasn't used to doing such pieces to camera and was still finding his feet as the confident salesman we know today

I think he was great too....just remembering how I viewed it at the time. :)

It would be so cool to see pieces like this again. I mean rah-rah enthusiastic "Coming to a Theater Near You" bits that talk up Disney films. :wink:

Plus, loved seeing Keane, Baxter and Hahn!! :D
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » June 27th, 2007, 10:54 pm

Also, had to post this, first glimpse I ever got of the Lion King!! :)

(On the Aladdin VHS)

All Characters Property of the Walt Disney Company
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » June 28th, 2007, 7:46 am

Original story? ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Harry Knowles' wedding invitation

Post by Jeroen » July 29th, 2007, 5:29 am

From aint it cool news:
Hey folks, Harry here - Right now, I'm in Albany, Oregon - couldn't find a hotel room in Portland due to some crazed beer festival. And I found my friend, Tom Joad, had finally uploaded my Wedding Invite Dvd which Peter Jackson and his friends put together.

As you will learn, my wedding was in fact, just a promotional farce to advertise this incredible line of Weta Collectibles. Order yours now at Comic Con at their Booth - this is your last day!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » July 29th, 2007, 7:31 am

Elaborate and fun...just like WETA! ;)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » August 28th, 2007, 10:12 pm

This is cute too! :)

Also, someone on the YT forum said Joe Ranft appears at 0:24! Is it really him? :)

Glen Keane's in it, too. :o

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » August 29th, 2007, 1:33 am

Also, someone on the YT forum said Joe Ranft appears at 0:24! Is it really him?
looks like him

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 1st, 2007, 7:06 pm

I love that preview and remember it from the time...on The Little Mermaid, <I>I think</I>.

Glen Keane's words about it being the best feature they'd done (speaking for the "new guard" and up until that point) were so true.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Jeroen » September 5th, 2007, 2:10 am

At the Annual showing of Nightmare Before Christmas at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood, Ken Page sings the Oogie Boogie song!

btw, we should propably rename this thread.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 5th, 2007, 6:12 am

Done (to the only thing I could think of!) :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » September 6th, 2007, 7:34 pm

I like it! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 20th, 2007, 9:29 pm

Like the thread's new name!! :) Anyway, this used to be shown at ALL the parks back in the day. (and I guess the Sunday Night Movie too...?) ..don't really know how to describe it, but it's extremely cool. :D

I love that preview and remember it from the time...on The Little Mermaid, I think.
Yeah, love the Rescuers DU promo too!! According to the poster it was from the Peter Pan VHS from 1990. :) :wink:

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » September 21st, 2007, 11:37 am

"Sorry Mr Eisner"...always loved that, and Mickey's watch too. The guy used to be so full of fun!

Yep, this was used at the Disney Florida screening of upcoming projects. The other parts of this show are there too...quite fun!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » September 22nd, 2007, 2:42 am

"Sorry Mr Eisner"...always loved that, and Mickey's watch too. The guy used to be so full of fun!
Yeah...a lot of nostalgia here. Looks like about 1990. I personally hope that Eisner gets remembered this way. :wink:

The other parts of this show are there too...quite fun!
Yeah, and Roger Rabbit's so great here! :P "Oh boy, I love movies!" :lol: