Animated ????

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Team
AV Team

Post by Josh » December 6th, 2006, 12:34 am

Daniel Jake wrote:Oh, my favorite has to be the rumor thing! Its so cool 8)
Thanks! :D

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 6th, 2006, 12:45 am

That's your department Mickey? :?

Sorry, its just there so many new names and so much information :shock:

Keep up the good work Mick ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 6th, 2006, 12:52 am

Daniel Jake wrote:Everything out did my expectations, and It was worth the wait ;) thanks Ben and James!!! :D
While Ben and I got it all set up, let's not forget all the guys writing the great content! Before we launched I was a little worried someone was going to notice all the new people with their names in blue in the forum listings! Thanks to them as well!

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 6th, 2006, 1:01 am

James wrote:While Ben and I got it all set up, let's not forget all the guys writing the great content! Before we launched I was a little worried someone was going to notice all the new people with their names in blue in the forum listings! Thanks to them as well!
Oops I forgot, sorry :oops:! Thanks to everyone who helped creating Animated Views :D

Btw.... I did notice that James ;) but I just thought they must be friends or something to automatically qualify for the Staff color :P

EDIT: My 400th post!! :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 6th, 2006, 7:49 am

Yep, that was my next point, to credit all the new writers we have on board!

Last night here in the UK, when we launched, I had been up through the nights for a couple of days to work in sync with James in account of the time differences. So I was a little frazzled and signed off soon after just to get back in sync with UK time!

But it's very, very true that there's no way Animated Views would be here without the team we've assembled - big thanks to them and you'll get to know them here too I'm sure!

Until we had them secured we couldn't have moved along with the site, hence the looooooong run up from 2004. Plus ideas were forming all the time. We actually started active work on this, probably in August this year.

As the one who originally instigated this, I'm so thrilled that you're all liking the site, and as James says, the changes are not over. We have much more planned for Views and are already way into work on giving News a new look and features too - many of which you brought up here, to our amusement (blue background, for example?)!

Also, congrats to Dan on his 400th post! :)

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Rio » December 6th, 2006, 6:46 pm

I'm very excited about the new feature it's the perfect addition. It should be fun and hopefully it will lead to a lot of new things to the "animated" family.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Randall » December 6th, 2006, 10:46 pm

Hi, folks! Just thought I'd say a quick "how ya doin'?" to everyone out there in Animated News 'n' Views land. I'm providing articles for Animated Views, including about 20 reviews so far, as well as the Filmation survey. I have a lot more articles archived and will get them up as soon as I can, along with some fun new reviews (DuckTales Vol. 2 coming tonight!). I've been on the Forums here for a while (and have been friends with Ben even longer, since we worked on a similar project together in the past), though I've been too busy to do much more than lurk here for the past while; but I shall try to become more active here. Meanwhile, feel free to post new threads in the Home Video forum here if you'd like to respond to any reviews at AV.

The creation of Animated Views is an exciting thing for all of us, and we plan to make it a must-surf spot on the Internet for animation fans.

Thanks for your support!

-Randall Cyrenne

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Daniel » December 6th, 2006, 11:34 pm

Ben wrote:As the one who originally instigated this, I'm so thrilled that you're all liking the site, and as James says, the changes are not over. We have much more planned for Views and are already way into work on giving News a new look and features too - many of which you brought up here, to our amusement (blue background, for example?)!
Actually I'm loving the new site ;) finally a place that has so many goodies all in one place :D

The changes are not over? :shock: ..... I know, I'm just being me ;).... Can hardly wait for the new look and features!

Yay, I guessed the blue backround! :P I would so loooove blue, its so much brighter and welcoming IMO.
Ben wrote: Also, congrats to Dan on his 400th post! :)
Aww, thanks Ben :)

I'm happy to contribute to my favorite forum (true story!)
RandCanuck wrote:Hi, folks! Just thought I'd say a quick "how ya doin'?" to everyone out there in Animated News 'n' Views land.
Hi RandCanuck! :P love the avater!
RandCanuck wrote: though I've been too busy to do much more than lurk here for the past while; but I shall try to become more active here.
Oh, that's why? Haha, I have seen you lurk! Glad to hear you'll be more active ;)
RandCanuck wrote: Meanwhile, feel free to post new threads in the Home Video forum here if you'd like to respond to any reviews at AV.
Thanks for the offer! I've read a few reviews and have agreed with all of them. :P
RandCanuck wrote:Thanks for your support!
No problem. You and everybody else deserve it :D

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » December 7th, 2006, 10:05 am

I hope Ben won't mind me saying this in advance, but I wanted to let you guys know that the front page entry on Animated Views (what we call our "Tooning In..." blog) will be updated on a regular basis starting next week so you'll want to "toon in" to that each day to see what we have to say! We're leaving the welcome article up for now because we want to make sure every one gets a chance to read it and see what the site is all about before we start changing it up.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » December 7th, 2006, 11:52 am

Good point - forget to mention that! Thanks James. :)