Oscar Contest Archive

Updates, Announcements and Your Feedback
AV Founder
AV Founder

Oscar Contest Archive

Post by James » February 6th, 2005, 9:37 pm

Animated News is giving away a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate! All you have to do is predict who is going to win at the 2005 Academy Awards (to be held on Sunday, February 27). The person with the most correct picks will win!

Make your prediction in each category using [FORM REMOVED - DEADLINE PASSED]. All entries must be received by Friday, February 25, at 5pm ET. One entry per person please.

PLEASE NOTE: This game is for Animated News forum members only. Registration is free and easy so feel free to sign-up!.

Within a day of submitting your picks your username will be posted to this thread of the forum. If you DID NOT send the entry (e.g. someone is trying to use your username to play) email us so we can discard the unauthorized ballot.
Last edited by James on February 25th, 2005, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 8th, 2005, 2:32 am

PLEASE NOTE: Over 30 entries have been received from people who are not members of the forum and have therefore been disqualified. Remember to complete registration before entering the contest. Once I receive your ballot and confirm you are a member of the forum, I will add your name to this list. ONLY PEOPLE ON THIS LIST ARE ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE FOR THE PRIZE.

If you sent an entry over 72 hours ago and your name is not on this list please email me. If you did not send an entry and your name is on this list please email me.

As of 2/25 @ 5pm ET, valid entries have been received from:

CaptainJasHook
SirGawain
EriktheDuck
dghez
DarrinH
Wolf Tooth
macontosh2000
Mauimallard
Ralph
magicalex
McKeeStudent73
ToonKirby
Macaluso
Kinoo
athena
glenn
askmike1
NicetoKnovvYou
tinkerbarry
tuftedpuffin
chaoslechler
askcello
Gregory
IKR
wdwmaniac01
optionjoe
Cnjp
eos
Thorsten Hasenkamm
bshum
MoriartyL
Nemo123
Plightyear
pupspals
PixarLover
Phil
Peter
loneislands
aaron b
iamafoolru12
AniMan
Kenny
Bobby_Buffalo
shyviolet
Maxim from Nsk
crazybass5
lamia
Dennis
Wraith
flixbay99
Sommers
Wonderlicious
BobKola
steff212
itair
Ladyjet
boring9
jiro
piotr
EEFleegle
Disney3xJC
Ilsoap
bork'd
AKComic
SingingDuckGirl
unclefuz
[sh:]
Dajoka86
KatJaz
*scofo
*anv1l
Inkan1969
MickeyMousePal
Uli
farshidr
murtini
*DarrenBest
toonphreak
aosorio19
shocky
Stego
maxeythecat
Last edited by James on February 26th, 2005, 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 25th, 2005, 6:15 pm

The deadline for sending entries has passed. Later tonight I will post the final list of valid entries received. Please note that if you sent more than one entry, only the first one I received will be counted.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CaptainJasHook » February 25th, 2005, 9:30 pm

What if there is a tie?

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 26th, 2005, 12:06 am

You were one of the first people to submit an entry so you may not remember this! But the contest only counts 22 of the 24 categories. The two remaining categories (Documentary Short and Live Action Short) will be used to break ties. If there is still a tie after that, a winner will be chosen from those tied randomly.

The rules were on the contest page. Since I've removed that page, I'll repost those rules here:
Animated News is giving away a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate! All you have to do is predict who is going to win at the 2005 Academy Awards (to be held on Sunday, February 27). The person with the most correct picks will win!

Make your prediction in each category using the form below. Don't forget to fill in your Animated News forum username and the email address you used when you signed up for the forums (check your profile if you have forgotten). The last two categories listed will not count towards your score and will be used only to break ties between entries. If there is still a tie after the tie-breaker a winner will be selected among those ballots randomly. All entries must be received by Friday, February 25, at 5pm ET. One entry per person please.

PLEASE NOTE: This game is for Animated News forum members only. Registration is free and easy so feel free to sign-up!.

Within a day of submitting your picks your username will be posted to this thread of the forum. If you DID NOT send the entry (e.g. someone is trying to use your username to play) email us so we can discard the unauthorized ballot.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 26th, 2005, 11:18 am

The above 82 people sent in valid entries for the contest and will compete for the prize. Over 30 others were either duplicates or from people who were not members of the forum. If there is an asterix symbol (*) next to your name then your entry had a different email address than the one you used to sign up for the forums.

Good luck and thanks for entering! Keep up with the results live during the Oscar telecast, details here: http://animated-news.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=343

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 28th, 2005, 12:02 am

CONTEST RESULTS

The winner of Animated News' Academy Awards prediction contest is DarrenBest! DarrenBest will receive a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate for predicting 18 out of 22 categories correctly.

Thanks to everyone who played!

Full results follow:

18 - DarrenBest

15 - dghez, magicalex, ToonKirby

13 - aosorio19, chaoslechler, macontosh2000, maxeythecat, murtini, optionjoe, steff212

12 - CaptainJasHook, Mickey A, Nemo123

11 - AKComic, anv1l, askmike1, Cnjp, flixbay99, Gregory, itair, jiro, lamia, loneislands, McKeeStudent73, NicetoKnovvYou, PixarLover, Plightyear, Ralph, scofo, shocky

10 - bork'd, crazybass5, iamafoolru12, Inkan1969, KatJaz, Maxim from Nsk, Uli, unclefuz

9 - [sh:], Dennis, eos, farshidr, Ladyjet, Mauimallard, MickeyMousePal, MoriartyL, Stego

8 - Bobby_Buffalo, EEFleegle, EriktheDuck, IKR, Ilsoap, James, Kenny, Peter, Sommers, toonphreak, Wraith

7 - aaron b., AniMan, athena, BobKola, DarrinH, glenn, kinoo, Phil, piotr, pupspals, shyviolet, SingingDuckGirl, Thorsten Hasenkamm, tinkerbarry

6 - askcello, Ben, Dajoka86

5 - bshum, Sir_Gawain, Wolf Tooth

4 - Macaluso, tuftedpuffin

3 - Wonderlicious

2 - wdwmaniac01

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by Macaluso » February 28th, 2005, 12:40 am

GRARGH

SO CLOSE

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by CaptainJasHook » February 28th, 2005, 1:33 am

Any way I can see who I voted for?

I may have changed my predictions, but in another tally I did, I got 18/24 correct. Just want to see which I voted for for this contest.

AV Founder
AV Founder

Animated News 2006 Academy Awards Contest

Post by James » February 19th, 2006, 11:48 am

Animated News is giving away a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate! All you have to do is predict who is going to win at the 2006 Academy Awards (to be held on Sunday, March 5). The person with the most correct picks will win!

Make your prediction in each category using this form. All entries must be received by Friday, March 3, at 11:59pm ET. One entry per person please.

Last edited by James on April 1st, 2006, 12:23 am, edited 7 times in total.

AV Team
AV Team

Post by Dacey » February 19th, 2006, 4:34 pm

I just sent my form.

Can't wait to get my money! :D
"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift--that is why it's called the present."

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by Ben » February 19th, 2006, 6:11 pm

I made my views clear on potential winners in our other thread...can Animated News staff folk enter this one?? ;)

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » February 20th, 2006, 2:52 pm

Ben wrote:...can Animated News staff folk enter this one?? ;)
Yes we can enter, but don't get the cash if we win! We're playing solely for the respect of our readership - which is currently down the tubes after our performance last year!
Last edited by James on February 20th, 2006, 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AV Forum Member
AV Forum Member

Post by ShyViolet » February 20th, 2006, 3:16 pm

I'll probably lose (like last year :cry: ) but I'll give it a shot anyways. :wink:
You can’t just have your characters announce how they feel! That makes me feel angry!

AV Founder
AV Founder

Post by James » March 4th, 2006, 11:27 am

Due to technical issues, all email sent to Animated News on March 3rd between 11am and 7pm was not received. This included ballots for our Oscar contest. If you entered in that time period, you MUST ENTER AGAIN. We are EXTENDING THE DEADLINE FOR EVERYONE to send in their ballots. So if you haven't already entered our Oscar contest get your entry in by Sunday, March 5 at 7pm ET.

If your name is not listed below, and you sent your ballot in before the time listed then we did not get your ballot!
Last edited by James on March 4th, 2006, 1:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.